1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find out when your xbox 360 was made?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Furion, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Furion

Furion Member

Hello everyone i've looked all over my box to find out when my xbox 360 was made and couldn't find out. I'm sure it's in an obvious place that i'm overlooking but if someone could help me out by telling me where that would be great! Thank you for your time :)

2. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

on he sticker on the back (just abovr the power cord socket)
    you are looking for the mfn number

it's as simple as that mate

3. Furion

Furion Member

Now if mine was manufactured in 2006-08-31 do you think i would have a problem i heard every xbox 360 made after jan 1 2006 has a little chance of freezing/3 red lights of death. Is that true? should i return it

4. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Your 360 should be alright. It's ones that were made in 2005 that are more likely to malfunction.

5. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

Are there any other tips regarding the date other than avoid a 2005? Is 2006 the only other year? Months and serial numbers have no reputation of signifying anything over and above the year?

6. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

I don't understand what you mean. Just avoid a 2005 one if you can; however, that does not mean you're guaranteed to not have problems. Any system made in any year can overheat, it just seems that the older ones are more likely to do so than the newer ones.

7. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

from what i have been able to find out you should avoid any console made BEFORE april 2006.

supposedly m$ changed the shitty solder (this is were the 3 red lights come from and has nothing to do with overheating) they were using at that point for a better qaulity one.

prehaps anyone who has a 360 with the 3 red lights could post there mfn dates here and we will get a better picture of what ones to aviod.

my first box'x was febuary 06 and yes it did die red lights a while back. heatguned it a month a go and it is running ok still.

second box's date is may 06 and has had no probs so far.

my best to you all

8. dingo_69

dingo_69 Guest

i had an xbox 360 with the mfn date of 25/1/2006 and it died on 26/12007 frooze up 3 red lights called up ms they sent ups or fedx to pick it up came back 7 days later working

9. 3085

3085 Regular member

mine says 12/07/2005 and I have never had a problem I have had the red lights once but I moved my power supply farther away and it never happened again...I guess im just lucky