1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to finsh a dvd off after program error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tiswas, Mar 19, 2003.

1. tiswas

tiswas Member

I was backing up a DVD (with DVDXCOPY)when when it was in the middle of finishing the disk the recoreder spat out the disk and error came up on screen, (cannot rememeber exact error) something on the lines of Error target disk not found (OK).
    one thing i should of done was to put the disk back in but i didn't and ok'd the error.

Now hopefully there is a program out there that can finsih it off, i checked the status of the disk with DVD Decrypter and it's status is 'Incomplete'

DVD Decrypter status

Device Information:
    Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
    Erasable: No

Physical Format Information:
    Book Type: DVD+R
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
    Number of Layers: 1
    Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
    Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    Please help.

Kind regards
    TiSwAs

Last edited: Mar 19, 2003
  2. tiswas

tiswas Member

Just to add to this the DVD actually plays in my Yamaha S80 and my PC's Philips DVD D28, but when i try to access it by DVDXCOPY it says please insert DVD Movie

Regards

3. mrmont

mrmont Guest

hi mate im not to sure if i can help you or not, but it sounds like the disc isnt finalized it will work in you writer but when you go to use dvdxcopy its looking for a finished movie which yours is not, so you cant continue with the movie. you might be able to add some data files to fill the disc but as a movie it wont work best try another disc mate. sorry if its not much help..

4. mnmeater

mnmeater Member

dvdxcopy also puts a file on that prevents you from brandishing copies of the original copy you made with dvdxcopy. Just another possibility for you to consider.

5. tiswas

tiswas Member

Thx for the replies