1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fit a 1 gb vob file on a cd

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by vikster, Feb 19, 2004.

1. vikster

vikster Member

i ripped a movie(DVD) and now there are 2 .vob files. each are 1 gig how do i put it on a regular cd-r? I don't mind putting it on more than one disc eiether. Do i first have to convert the file type or can i just burn it how it is.

2. jakks

jakks Regular member

You need to convet to either MPG or AVI, if you want to watch the movie on your Stand Alone DVD player convert it to mpg and burn as a VCD

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

You basically have 3 options if you want to play it on a normal standalone. You can make a miniDVD (DVD files on a CD), a VCD, or an SVCD. Any of these formats will require some conversion, and your player may support any or none of them. VCD is the lowest quality of the 3, but also allows you to fit the most on a single CD. SVCD is higher quality than SVCD, but still not as good as a DVD. There are some players that also support non-standard versions of both formats (XVCD and XSVCD) which would allow you to get higher quality. Using miniDVD allows you to keep it as a DVD, but there are physical limitations for reading data from a CD, so the quality still won't be as high as you could get from an actual DVD.

You should start by reading some guides. Follow the link in my signature to get to the Afterdawn Guides. You might also want to check out the guides at http://www.doom9.org/

Depending on how well you pick up digital video, you may find that the guides tell you everything you need. If not, come back and ask some more questions.