1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fit a 8GB DVD on a DVD-RW

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Kjarboe, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

OK i have a quick question. I read the disscussion on copying DVDs and it is pretty straight forward.......but out of the 20 DVD's i own none are under 6gigs. How do i split this up into 2 discs.....i know how to split up VCD's but there dosent seem to be such an option with the dvd-decrypter software i have. Any suggestions?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Kj[/small]

2. T2K

T2K Guest

youll be suprized how many movies there are that will fit onto one dvd-r disk.

3. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

Well I might be. But that still dosent answer my question. Thanks though

4. T2K

T2K Guest

ok, Instead of useing dvd decypter use dvdxcopy
    itll automaticly split it. but if your into useing dvd decrypter download ifoedit and read up on how to use it.
    I hope this answers your question.

5. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

Isnt DVDX copy like nero? Nero cant burn them. Or is DVDX copy able to decrypt and do everything for me so i only have to basically put the blank DVD+r/rw in?

6. T2K

T2K Guest

dvdxcopy works wonders! it will copy your dvd exactly and burn it aswell.
    I highly recomend it.

7. BrandonSi

BrandonSi Member

Amen to that.. dvdxcopy is the only program I use for copying dvd's.

8. turkf26

turkf26 Guest

if you can strip the .vob files from the movie, nero can burn them into a dvd video cd. you have to download the most recent version and a plug in for nero. i found all of them on kazaa.

9. xtrail

xtrail Guest

Read your problem with interest. I own DVD X Copy latest version. When I try to back-up my Eric Clapton Live at Hyde Park, DVD X load too much info onto the second disk, leaving me with no way to do the burn. Any answer to this problem as yet. Otherwise no problems I am extremely happy with my purchase of DVD X Copy

10. Kjarboe

Kjarboe Member

How do i strip the .vob files??????

11. chris16v

chris16v Member

KJarboe you really should read some more of these forums before asking to be spoon fed so much.
    i only bought a dvd writer last week but have spent about 7 hours reading these pages and following links to some very informative sites. Since last week a have now had more successes than failures with both Xcopy & IFO editing. try www.dvdplanet.com ----read read and read more... theres even links to dvdxcopy on this forum, SO FOLLOW THAT AS WELL...... come on,, use your instinct like everyone else here !!!