1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to fix a imcompatible drive

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Tim_vaj, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Tim_vaj

Tim_vaj Guest

hi can anyone here tell or give me an walkthrough on how to fix an imcompatible hard drive

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

What's it incompatible with?

3. Tim_vaj

Tim_vaj Guest

okay i am not really good at explaining so try your best to get what i'm saying. i have 2 Hard drive my main hard drive which have my program and windows xp processing system. my second hard drive is a slave hard drive which have all my data from the internet plus music picture and etc. when the computer boots up its says my slave hard drive is imcompatible. please try to help me out thanks

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Where does it say this, and what's the error message?

5. Tim_vaj

Tim_vaj Guest

i don't think i can make it any clearer than this the error massage is display when you turn on the computer. plus the error massage says slave drive imcompatible which is my second hard drive with all the music file and everything i saved in it.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Sorry, I'd not heard of the error before, so I just thought I'd check in case there was any information you left out. First of all check the power and IDE cables and the jumper pin on the back are all secure.
    For any more information, I'll need to know at what stage of the PC booting up you get the error message, and whether you're able to continue to windows or not.