1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to fix disc read error?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jjfreak5, Nov 10, 2004.

1. jjfreak5

jjfreak5 Member

I was wondering if there was a way to fix an Xbox if the only problem is a disk read error? And how would you go about doing this? It's not modded or anything and just to play regular xbox games. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

2. wakojako

wakojako Member

i dont no if this works on x box games but it worx on cds. Spray a bit of lynx in d disc(u no lynx, the body spray) and then wipe it off with tissue. spray the lynx until there is a thick white film covering it. i wudnt advise doing this if the game is under warranty or anytin but if it B OL OX ED already you have nothing to lose.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

You have a lot to lose if you spray ANYTHING like that into an xbox, or onto a disc and it drips that type of spray/liquid is conductive, conductive on circuits = fried! not worth the risk.
    best way , go on ebay, theyre selling brand new thompson drives for around $30 shipped
    easy to do, unscrew your xbox using a torq screwdriver,(have a torq 10 and 20 handy) unscrew the hdd tray,remove tray, unplug hdd, unscrew dvd drive, lift out the tray, unplug drive, plug in the new one (in some cases you might have to take off your plastic xbox tray front cover and put it on the new one, very easy to do)
    put everything back
    and youre all set.
    all for $30 or so

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004