1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to flash my xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by teejd, Mar 13, 2012.

1. teejd

teejd Member

Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to know how to re-flash my xbox 360 (previously flashed 2 years or so ago). I have quite an old xbox 360 with no HDMI port and I'm quite sure I have some sort of hitatchi drive (how to confirm which model?). I want to be able to play the latest games like gears of war 3 and rayman origins etc. I do not use xbox live and do not care about a ban on that. So if anyone can give me some simple steps it would be greatly appreciated as I've have a look around and I can't seem to find an easy to understand guide that will help me.

Thanks!

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

3. BillB

BillB Regular member

The only way for sure to know which model Hitachi drive you have, you need to take the 360 apart. If you have a Hitachi 78/79, you'll have to wait, as firmware is in development. Older Hitachi drives (pre 78/79) and Samsung drives are not capable of reading AP2.5 and topology data, therefore, if you have an older Hitachi, then you're good to go. Just read up on the link that peluynati posted, as it will guide you through the flashing process.