1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to flash Philips and Lite-on DVD on X360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by DCP1392, Apr 4, 2010.

1. DCP1392

DCP1392 Member

Here is my DVD drive info on my Xbox (I opened it a couple days ago)

Model No. - DG-16D25-09C
    Rating 5v-1.5A, 12v-1.5A

then there is some other six digit number that begins with an 8. Here are some question's I'd like to get answered for me:

1. What are the pros and cons of flashing? If I don't like it, is there a way I can unflash it?

2. I am a heavy GTA 4 (Ballad of Gay Tony) player on the Xbox 360. I am trying to mod it so I can fire RPGs out my pistols, increase the intensity of explosions, drive super fast and fire tons of rockets out of my Buzzard, and have invincibility. But here is the problem: I don't have dual-layer discs, nor do I have a dual layer DVD burner. Is there any way I can burn GTA to a single layer disc? OR compress it somehow?

3. I have heard you can mod GTA without flashing (hotswapping). During the process, you are supposed to swap the original disk with the modded disk during gameplay. There is a little chip you have to place on the cd so it doesn't fly off the drive. Does this chip come with the Xbox 360? And also, does leaving the Xbox 360 open (without the entire case) damage it somehow?

4. I am on a low budget. And I mean VERY low. The most I'd spend is $0.83. Is there any free and easy way to do this? Thanks.

EDIT: I did indeed do my research on this. All I found was how to hotswap, and how to flash drives with certain six digit numbers. I am obviously very ignorant on this subject. So please, bare with me. I am a person in high school who has no employment. Please find the best, most efficient, and free solution if you can. Thanks.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Pro's : You can play back up games

Cons : You prolly will get banned from xbox live

There are ways to remove vids and stuff from the game, you will defo get banned for this.

Dont bother, i have never heard of this myself but know for a fact your xbox will get broken this way.

TBH, dont bother with what you have mentioned. Maybe you can flash your drive for free depending on what chipset you have on your PC
  4. DCP1392

DCP1392 Member

But i want to play with mods on gta. I see people do it all the time. I even see people mod their gamertags (like put a different one on gta multiplayer, but its the same tag for xbox live)

I aldo see modders online all the time, they dont get banned (unless they are retarded with their mods)

If you havent heard of hotswapping, then how do you know the xbox will break?
  5. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

Because to hotswap, your box would have to be dismantled, and involve you pulling out and putting in discs while the dismantled drive is trying to read the disc (among other things). Use the internet to find someone in your area who flashes 360s and pay them 20 bucks to flash it. Any high school student can earn 20 bucks.

What area are you in?
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  6. DCP1392

DCP1392 Member

Im in the howard county area of Maryland. i dont know anybody who flashes xbox 360s (i know someone who is knowledgable about it, but wont do it)

why cant one of you guys just teach me how to flash my philips lite on? i havr a nvidia 7600gs chipset in my pc, with a 40gig seagate sata hd. After i connect my dvd drive to the sata cable, wha programs do i download? can you give the the links?

and also, when i flash the 360, how am i going to be able to mod gta when i dont have a dual layer burner (and no money) ? i cant do it on single layer?
  7. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Read the stickies yourself to learn how to flash drives, the info is there you just need to read and learn!

In answer to your previous question, you take the top off you 360 dvd drive to expose a spinning disk, you will break your 360 or scratch your game disk, dont listen to me its up to you.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  8. DCP1392

DCP1392 Member

Well actually, I've decided not to flash my drive. I just want to hotswap.

BUT, I don't have a dual-layer DVD burner, nor do i have the disk space for 7.5GB, nor do I have any Dual-layer discs. So is anyone selling any modded gta the ballad of gay tony discs?