1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to format ps2 memory card

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kawsar, Jan 25, 2007.

1. kawsar

kawsar Guest

hi theres some data in my memory card that is currupted i think i need to format it, how do i o this also is there any way of copy the ps2 indipendance exploit from one memory car to another?

2. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

To format memory card, download from e-mule or other, "mckiller".
    It´s a fast download ´cause has a very little data.
    After you put it in a cd, only need a few seconds to follow the short menu and wait a few seconds to clean the memory card.
    You´ll lose all the data installed in your memory card, along with the corrupted data, but we can´t have everything we wish!!!!

3. kawsar

kawsar Guest

hi where can i download it from and whats the name of the app

4. kawsar

kawsar Guest

ok i downloaded the Mckiller app i got a bin and a cue file should i burn to cd then, what should i do after, how shouldi instal on memory card

5. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

just follow what the text says! only one screen shows up.
    I think you only need to press "start" after that

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  6. kawsar

kawsar Guest

ok cheers

all done

memory card working now

7. celtboy

celtboy Guest

hi any chance of letting me know where you got the download to clear corrupt data???
    thanks

8. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

I took it from e-mule

9. celtboy

celtboy Guest

thanks but do you have an address?
    my browser is not bringing me the correct info.
    and is it easy to do? can you give advice if not.
    thanks masesaco

10. steimy

steimy Active member

few other idea's
    Go into memory card manager and look at what scrolls on the bottom of the screen. Insn't there a format option by pressing square or something?

http://www.exploitstation.com/index.php?page=elfs
    you can get the memory card format tool as an ELF file at the above link.

11. celtboy

celtboy Guest

how do you get that up on screen?

12. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

ed2k://|file|ps2newz_mckiller.zip|453669|13A4DD2A93F4EDEBF59FE9ACBD4C65AB|/

better regist yourself if you didn´t

13. Numberdah

Numberdah Member

Yeah, Memory Card Format aka "MCKiller" is a great little app for formatting your PS2's memory card. As long as your PS2 can run homebrew you'll be able to use MCKiller. I've used it before to delete some "hidden" data on my 8 MB Sony memory cards, and also on a 8 MB Mad Catz memory card and a 64 MB Datel memory card. The 64 MB card must have been corrupted or something because the PS2 couldn't even boot the game without freezing when that card was plugged in. But after formatting with MCKiller it now works perfectly!

14. Tripwire

Tripwire Member

hey guys i downloaded the mckiller tool but how do i load it? i need to put it on the cd only or do i need another program?

15. Numberdah

Numberdah Member

In order to load the MCKiller elf you'll either need a modchip with Dev1/Dev2 support or you'll need to use one of the exploit methods. Either do a Google search using a combination of these terms (PS2 independence expoit, PS2 memory card exploit, PS2 homebrew, etc.) or do a search on this forum. Ace_2 seems to have a very nice tutorial right here which works for both the slim and fat PS2s: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/337567. I have a DMS4 Pro modchip in my PS2 so all I had to do was put the elf on a flash drive or cd and load it directly.

16. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

Same with my Matrix Infinity.
    Only put the cd running, got the menu, pressed start, waited a few seconds, and the MC was renewed

17. ak47gt

ak47gt Guest

i had a madden 07 file saved on my memory card,i also had a currupted file.when i tried to load my superstar,it said that there was a error loading the file.is this the effect of the currepted file.is so how can i get rid of this currupted file.

18. Numberdah

Numberdah Member

You can go about this in several ways. First try deleting the save file from within the game itself. If the game doesn't have a delete option then create a new superstar and try saving over the old file. You can also try to delete the file from the PS2's browser screen. As a last resort you can just format the memory card with MCKiller.

19. masesaco

masesaco Regular member

Don´t think is possible to get back the corrupted data.
    Need format the mc first , otherwise you get errors from time to time. If you are playing the game you can save during the game
    (if you don´t get error from mc), but after turn the ps2 off, the problems will come.
    I got that problem too, i tried to overwrite a saved game and got the message " mc not formated, format now?" clicked on "yes" and got a new message "format failled", and got this over and over until use the mckiller. And also cleans the hidden data that you can´t see on screen, but is wasting the storage capacity of mc. Tried to delete the corrupted data from mc browser and received a wonderful message saying "delete failed". In one mc i had no saved games on mc browser, and had only about 700 kb of free space, but "doctor" mckiller healed all of my mcs.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007