1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to format

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by mona14, Apr 12, 2005.

1. mona14

mona14 Member

Hi all,
    I have been using fujifilm dvd+rws to burn but using dvdshrink. But now all of a sudden this particular disc is giving me an error. Dvdshrink is not even able to format it. dvdshrink upon encoding the movie I'll burn just spits out the dvd media because it cannot format it. Is there any other way I can format this media so I can use it?
    thanx in advance

2. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

Nero

or try right clicking the dvd in MY COMPUTER

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I had problems with Fuji 2.4X DVD+RWs like that too - usually after using the full format from Nero. That was 2 years ago when they were $4 a piece. They have full warranty, so you can either return it to the store or mail it back to Fuji (which I did). I use quick format now, or just try to write over it - whatever program I'm using will tell me there's data on it and it'll just write over it.

4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

DVD Info Pro will also format DVD RW as well as provide other utilities such as media indentification, drive info, disk analysis.

5. mona14

mona14 Member

thank you all, I just did a full erase using alcohol 120 and then it burnt no problem.
    thanx for your advice though.