1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to FTP backup game to xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by overjoyed, Apr 13, 2007.

1. overjoyed

overjoyed Member

I've read how to's on how to burn dvdr's of my backups, but I want to ftp the files over because I don't have a dvd burner.

Can I just transfer the backup to a folder on my xbox? I tried that with a backup of tom and jerry and it's didn't load.

I also have crazy taxi3, and NFS carbon. I'd like to FTP these games to my xbox. Any help would be appreciated! =)

My dashboard is unleashx, and I have xbmc.
    please help

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

well the HDD for the xbox is rather small to backup games to it some games you can backup...like something small deff not halo..um get something called dvd2xbox and it backs up your games into the xbox without using FTP you just load the application then insert the games then copy to HDD you can find it in #xbins or just google the download

3. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

If you dont want to get DVD2XBOX (but it is very good) here is how you can do it: (you might only be able to get one game on the original hard drive)

1. Put the game in the xbox but do not load it up.

2. On your computer ftp to the xbox and open up the D: drive (this is the CD drive for your xbox)

3. On your computers desktop create a folder with the game name.

4. FTP all of the files and folders in the D: drive to the folder on your xbox.

5. Take that folder from your desktop with all the games files and FTP them to your Games folder on your xbox.

4. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

and if you want to backup lots of games i recomend using xboxhdm to upgrade your hard drive