1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to FTP into jtag Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ganj78, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ganj78

ganj78 Member

Hello just wanted to say this site has helped me through thick and thin for a long time now and all the posts and replies were always spot on.

So i've searched how to ftp into the 360 but have found only outdated xbox1 tutorials. Tried the methods assuming they were similar but couldn't get it to work. I'm trying to ftp with a crossover cable but have considered trying to connect through a router. If i do connect through a router is there any way of stopping the xbox from connecting to the internet?

any help would be great. thnx afterdawn

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

Hi,

My personal preference for FTP is standard crossover. Just take out your DSL cable/Telephone wire from the router while you FTP.

You would find it hard to FTP into the 360 without allocating what it requires for a connection. router is the simplist way to go.

Hope this helps

4. ganj78

ganj78 Member

Thnx for the reply.

I've configured the xbox 360 ip manually as well as the subnet mask and gateway. then i gave my comp a static ip load up flashfxp and it still won't connect. I've even tried disabling the firewall. I'm trying to do it through the crossover cable because it would be easier for me to get around all the mess at my desk.

5. leeroy94

leeroy94 Regular member

I think you are assuming that the user name and pass are still xbox ? I am in the process of getting a jtag unit my self and have not seen any posts on ftp with these units. If you have a jtag unit I think you can use any USB HDD to copy files over to the original HDD and do not even need an original because you can use a USB HDD for the primary. If I discover a way to do it I will let you know. And yes you would need a router :)

6. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

I have a separate network for ny offline xbox's. Try using DCHP but tell you router which MAC address to assign a specific IP to. Also, what FTP program are you using? Use either cuteFTP or Flashfxp as they work best.

7. xerodaze

xerodaze Member

I had to ask for help on the same thing. I actually just used an ethernet cable to the router from the xbox 360 and used FlashFXP. It was the only program I could get working. I don't know about the crossover method, I didn't try it.

What are you trying to FTP over? Ultimately I ended up using a USB stick which worked infinitely better. Just copy and paste into the correct folders.

8. wabashman

wabashman Active member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010