1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get a game on your xbox hard drive????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mattyryan, Jan 4, 2005.

1. mattyryan

mattyryan Member

ok i tried finding a good forum that explained how to get a game onto your xbox HD...but i dont follow them easily. so how is it done..i have my xbox chipped and ftp'd and the whole 9 yards...just cant figure out how to keep the game on the hard drive! any help will be greatly appriciated!

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Ok, have you ever used xbins? If so what do you know about it? What kind of programs do you have on your xbox right now? answer just these few questions really quick and reply back and I'll walk you through whatever you don't get but be quick because I won't be on much longer.

Degalle

3. mattyryan

mattyryan Member

ok i tried the whole xbins thing thru mirc and flash fxp...i put in the user name and password etc. and connect it says it connected but the 3 folders dont show up then it says connection lost. and i have no actual programs on my xbox. im using an evox dashboard if you need to know that.

4. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

A couple of things to try:
    1)Your cable might be bad and not sending (like the 3 cable is cut even just a tiny cut can stop it from working) make sure for a direct connection to your xbox your using a crossover cat5 or cat6 cable or if your going through a hub make sure it's a standard or straight through
    2)If that's not it then it could be your NIC (Network interface card) or the thing the cat5 cable plugs into your computer try changing nics or using a buddy's computer
    3)If you go through a router possible bad connections try different ports or direct connection to internet (for xbins)

try those see what happens and get back to me,
    Degalle

5. mattyryan

mattyryan Member

its not that cuz i can ftp my xbox perfectly fine

6. mattyryan

mattyryan Member

oh and i do use a router...how would i go about the direct internet connection?

7. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

If you have an iso image of a game, Download and install Craxtion on your computer. http://www.craxtion.com/download.html
    FTP into your xbox with flashFXP and create a folder in the F partition and name it "games". Start up Craxtion and choose the option of "extract iso".With craxtion you can even network your xbox to the craxtion software and actually extract it directly to the xbox.I haven't done this because it doesn't work with Avalaunch but I believe it works with Evox.
    Inside the games folder in the F partition of your xbox, create another folder(using flashfxp) and name it after the game your going to transfer on to your box.
    Transfer all the files you extracted from your iso into the game folder you created.Restart your xbox,go to the games tab within Evox and the title of the game should be visible and selectable.
    If your just dealing with files to start with, all you need to do is ftp the files over.
    If you use a router, why would you want to do a direct internet connection? router is a better method and you would need a crossover cable to do a direct connection.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005