1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get Gameshark or Action Replay to work on a V7 PS2 with fliptop cover

Discussion in 'PS2' started by L-Burna, Nov 22, 2003.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Is there any way to make it where the disk tray doesn't eject on it's own on AR Max or GS2V3.If someone fixed this would it be able to boot up a backup with codes!Just wondering because still trying to figure it out and nothing has been said or done on it.I am trying to figure out how to do it but with the double check working it seems impossible.Is there a way to backup the GS2V3 or AR Max to where it will boot up backups.Peace L-Burna any info on it would be much appreciated

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

If you're trying to keep the tray from ejecting automatically you could possible disconnect the power lead going to the tray eject motor and put a switch on it to allow you to override the auto-eject feature.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Is there a way to get rid of the double check on V7's.The only thing I can think of getting this to work is by changing the drive in it or something like that.Will the SM3 discs solve the problem with using gameshark with V7's.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

To Boot PS2 backups with Gameshark2V3:
    Steps are as
    1.Insert the Swap Magic V2 Cd
    2.Using Fliptop swap the copy of GS2V3
    3.Select Game and codes then when the tray ejects place the Swap Magic V2 Cd in.
    4.When the insert game screen comes up using fliptop swap the Swap Magic disc with cdloaderV7_beta3 or beta5.1 works.
    5.Follow the steps of cdloader and codes will be active.

If you have the original of Gameshark2V3 then just skip steps 1 and 2

To Boot PS2 backups with Action Replay Max:
    steps are as
    1.Insert SM2 cd
    2.Using fliptop swap the SM2 cd with the copy of ARMax.
    3.When it asks you to insert game disc insert the SM2 cd.
    4.Select game and codes and say start game with codes and press X should still have the SM2 cd in.
    5.When the SM2 cd screen appears using fliptop swap the SM2 cd with cdloaderV7_beta3 or beta5.1 works.
    6.Follow the cdloader steps and game should start with codes.

If you have the original of ARMax then just skip steps 1 and 2

Peace L-Burna

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I heard this freezes on some games but I have used this method and haven't found a game that hasn't froze yet.I bet there is some games that freeze though so if you try this method and find a game that freezes can you tell me what game froze.Peace L-Burna

6. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

so does it work, because the fags in my thread wouldn't answer the unanswered question here

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah it works but there probably is a glitch somewhere on some games which makes it freeze.

8. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

wait does AR MAX work without swap magic then? come on somebody answer!

9. LubeJr

LubeJr Guest

Well same here i JUst Baught ARMAX but dont know if its gonna be able to read the burn cd or not and what type and how should i do the steps or anything that will help. PLz help is needed

10. gilbert42

gilbert42 Member

Ok, so I insert my Swap Magic CD and when it asks me to use the flip top to put in a new CD, I put in ARMax just like you say... I get the blue border and the screen goes away and acts like it's going to load but then it just sits there and I can hear the motor just spinning away at top speed... anybody else get this? My PS2 is V7 and I'm using Swap disks 2.0 Thanks!

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you are using the original you don't have to use the Swap Magic 2 Cd version to start it.If you are using the copy of it then you might have burned it wrong or got a bad copy.Make sure you burn it right using Cdrwin or Nero if it is a copy.The steps say to use the original first if you have it don't try to use the Swap Magic 2 Cd with the original ARMax because it won't work on the original.

12. gilbert42

gilbert42 Member

Ok cool, I have an original AR Max disk. I've followed the instructions but for some reason, my codes are not on when I play the game. I have really only tried it with Jak II though. I think I have version 7, beta 4 of CDLoader though... would that make a difference you think? Everything is loading just fine, except that the codes are not on.... weird huh. Does anybody know where to get version 5.1 beta? Thanks L-Burna for the quick response!

13. gilbert42

gilbert42 Member

IT WORKED!!! YES YES YES IT WORKED!!!

I found out what I was doing wrong for anybody else that might have this trouble... In the CDLoader instructions it says to "Press X when the original is recognized in the lower left of the screen. At this point swap with your DVD-r backup using flip top." Well I was using the eject button insted of just opening the flip top and swaping the disks. HELL YES FINALLY IT WORKS!

14. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

How about a v4 PS2? The same method? I have original ARMax disc. Just start ARMax, select codes, insert SM2, insert CDloader, insert game, play? WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO INSERT CDloader TO PLAY BACKUPS WITH CODES, that's my real question.? THANKS for any help here_X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 v4(GT3) | LITEON LDW-411S CDVDRW | FlipTop/SMDv2 | DVDecrypter 3.1.9.0 | RecordNow DX |
    /http://www.PS2FlipTop.com/ /http://www.neuspeed.com/ /http://www.vw.com/[/small]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2004
  15. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] hey, i was tryin to play a backup of manhunt with action replay codes and the game boot up but when playin the game the codes dont seem to work. i know i enter the code correctly cause i check it many times. so what seem to be the problem here?

16. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] hey icemonkey, since u have a v7 with magic 3.1 i wanna ask you have u experienced any double check games. if so wat are they?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2004
  17. zetsui

zetsui Regular member

so i can't do any of this if i don't have original sm2 cds? which do not support 700 mb discs.......

18. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

OAKside24 the cdloader is used to play dvd based games using this method if it is a cd based game then you don't need it.Stunn611 do you have a working Action Replay and did you use the cdloader?Manhunt is a dvd game that is why I ask.

19. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] i have the original action replay dics and magic 3.1 chip

20. cornflake

cornflake Member

ok, then I have a question. i have a version 9 PS2 and a Gameshark 2 Version 3. Can I use the Gameshark Version 3 to boot Backed up games with a flip top? or do I have to still have swap magic? or can I not use backed up games at all in this Version 9 PS2? thanks