1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get into vob and ifo files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by kenji776, Jan 11, 2005.

1. kenji776

kenji776 Guest

Pretty simple, how do i see inside the ifo and vob files of a dvd? I need to know how the insides work.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t Understand what you mean?? Inside an IFO File is Just a Bunch of Code that your DVD Player reads so it knows were the Chapters are and what menu"s Go were and all of the Navigation Perameters, and Vob files are Just the same as Mpeg-2 Files accept they have Chapter Information in the Header and a Different TimeCode that Coresponds to the Chapter Info in the IFO....

It isn"t something you can Read and Undestand by looking at it but if you want to Edit the IFO files and Change the Perameters then check out IFO-Edit as it can read the IFO files and let you change the Info....

If you want to learn about the File structure of a DVD then Learn how to use a High End DVD authoring program and Make some Complex Multi VTS DVD"s.....

Cheers

PS:You can Open an IFO file useing Notepad or a Hex editor but you probably will not be able to understand it...

3. kenji776

kenji776 Guest

Thanks much for the help. The reason I was looking to get into one of my xbox games (dance dance revolution) and see how they made the song files so I could make my own and put em on my xbox. That is why I needed to look inside so I could replicate the process.