1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get multiple audio ouput in a computer

Discussion in 'Audio' started by G101, May 29, 2011.

1. G101

G101 Regular member

I realise that my computer has two audio inputs one at the front of the pc and one at the back. My computer is connected to speakers to the one at the back but when in plug in headphpones to the one in the front, the audio starts coming from the headphones. I need multiple audio output. Is that possible?

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Most computers expect that if you plug head phones in you want to use them. If you want both you will need a splitter and split the back.

3. G101

G101 Regular member

could you be a little more specific about the splitters?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I believe mez is saying:
    The piece you plug into the sound output of the computer from earphones or stereo is called a male jack,what you need is another set of either wires or ports (female) at the other end so one set of wires branch off to headphones while other set branches off to extenal speakers,or if you just use a shall we say a double adaptor i.e a male jack at one end & two female jacks at the other then use your headphone wire & speaker wire to plug into the two female ports

5. Mez

Mez Active member

They are sold for ipods ect. You can buy them in a Best Buy or Radio Shack in the US. Some have power boosters most do not. It just physically splits the line. The ones with no power boost look like a Y.