1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get my Hiatichi xbox 360 dvd-rom 0059 drive into MOD B?!?! And steps towards flashing!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by isogamer, Oct 24, 2007.

1. isogamer

isogamer Member

Hi, if any one can help me out there would be greatly appreciated. Now i am having problems where my PC in boot menu can't read the xbox 360 hiatichi dvd-rom drive 0059. I followed the steps in the book XBOX 360 HACKING FOR DUMMIES. It says i need to burn the .ISO file of SLAX CD ROM. Which i did, an boot it up in boot menu while my 360 was on the same time with the PC, i am not sure what to do exactly after, cause the guide doesn't give any detailed description on how to make my 360 drive into MOD B. I just need my 360 Hiatichi drive to be read in my desktop PC, so i can update it with the latest firmware for this certain dvd rom drive. If any one call tell me what exaclty i am doing wrong, or what i am suppose to with the steps on how to hack the drive with the latest firmware. Thanks!

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Boot the 360 with the Hitachi drive hooked up to the Primary SATA port. Boot your PC with the SLAX CD inserted.

You will see alot of text but you will also see a prompt that says
    modeB - thanks to kev.

When you see that hit the reset button on the pc. Don't turn the PC off nor turn off the 360.

Boot into Windows and follow normal flashing procedure.

Also of note, a SIL3112 chipset is preferred for the 59DJ drive.

3. dabmos

dabmos Guest

you can do the two wire trick if slax does not work go to r shack and buy 1k resistor they come 2i n a pack for pennies break one to make two wires stick in port 9 and o with the other one bend so you can touch 9 and0 together then turn xbox on as soon as you see green light on front remove the resistor and the best sata card is the via a6421a works on all

4. isogamer

isogamer Member

Hi sorry for the late reply, i was out of town, but yes thank you very much for your hELP. I am going to try right now, an see if it works. Thanks.