1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get Nero to burn after DVD shrink?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by atapp21, Feb 28, 2005.

1. atapp21

atapp21 Member

I just recently downloaded DVD shrink and the latest trial version of Nero burning ROM 6.6. to my sisters new computer. My question is once I use DVD shrink and capture the output files, how do I then get nero burn the files to my blank DVD+R? It works fine on my computer and I put the same setup on my sisters computer but no dice on burning. There is one difference on my sisters setup is that I did not download DVD decryptor if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help offered.

2. billwebso

billwebso Guest

I can't help with the nero problem specifically, but you don't need it. You will more than likely eventually need DVD Decrypter. Download it and use it to burn your movie. In DVD Shrink you want to choose ISO image file and burn with DVD Decrypter.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

In dvd shrink,click edit/preferences/file I/O/enable burn with nero.Do your normal editing, and then when you click backup.In the,backup dvd window,go to select backup target,hit the dropdown box and choose burn with nero.
    You dont need dvd decrypter but it is the better ripper of the 2.
    good luck
    jD

4. atapp21

atapp21 Member

Thank you both for providing me with some insight. Billwebso I just have one question. How do you select the ISO image file in DVD Shrink? I mean how do you get there? I'm looking and I just don't see it.

5. hursty

hursty Active member

what are trying to do?
    burn the image?
    if so,you need to look for it on the burn app' you are using,whether it be nero r decrypter

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi
    atapp21,if what your asking is...how do you open an iso in dvd shrink...click file/select iso disc image.Do your normal editing, and then click back up and when the backup dvd window comes up,hit the dropdown box, and choose create image file and burn with dvd decrypter.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  7. brobear

brobear Guest

http://www.dvdshrink.info
    DVD Shrink Info has some good virtual guides that are handy for the beginner. Jim_Dandy gave you the right info for what you were asking. The guides might give you a good overall picture; especially since there are a lot of pictures in the guides.

8. billwebso

billwebso Guest

After you select backup in shrink under the select backup target drop down menu is the ISO Image File And Burn With DVD Decrypter option. Choose that option and then click ok.

9. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Must be an echo in here LOL

10. atapp21

atapp21 Member

That's exactly what I was asking jim_dandy. Thanks also thank you brobear for the info on the DVD shrink guides. I will definitely check that out.

11. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Your welcome,glad I could help.

12. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome, glad I could help. (echo) (echo) (echo) LOL