1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get rid of possible hacker???

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by me_24112, Aug 14, 2004.

1. me_24112

me_24112 Member

i went to a site to download software, and every since that download, I have had problems with my computer. My computer is slow on the net, i keep getting pop up ads. so i downloaded spysweeper--didn't fix it. removed that and downloaded spybot--didn't fix it. removed that and downloaded bps spyware remover, and this has not fixed the pop up problem either. now i dont want to use just a pop up stopper because i have not had this problem before, and i just dont want to cover the problem up, i want to remove whatever is causeing the popups, because when my homepage loads, i get an advertisement page to load as well. now, i am running windows xp professional and i had already disabled the thing that stopped messages popping up. also, i checked in regedit and its not ezula, and i dont particularly notice anything different in there, but thats not to say that it is not. but what could be causing these popups all the sudden and how do i remove the problem, not cover it up with something like popup stopper. also, i run norton antivirus 2004, and of course it is up to date.

please help me, its getting very annoying.

2. yuppix

yuppix Regular member

this program will get rid of those pop ups >> HijackThis.
    you might want to use Mozilla Firefox for web browsing, no junk like ms ie.

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Spyware bots are usually not picked up by any antivirus ! Dont blame your Norton or AVG for not stopping them cold.

To remove any spyware :-

Google for ==>:
    get CWShredder ~~ also get
    HijackThis .

1) run CWShredder -- reboot and see if your malware has been taken care of.

2) if it is still there -- run Hijack this , save the log and post it on http://forums.spywareinfo.com/ , within minutes someone will reply with the proper sequence to cure your PC. -- It could be me or one of the 100's of benevolent helping there. ~~smiles !

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2004