1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Get Rid of Subtitles???

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by harry2006, Jan 29, 2007.

1. harry2006

harry2006 Guest

Hello Frndz.
    Last week I got a very nice documentary from one of my friends but the problem is that though it is in English a subtitle in some other language (I dont know exactly ,may be its Russian or something like that) has already been added.I mean its preadded and its really annoying me a lot .I want to get rid of this..As we all know we can add a subtitle file alongwith a particular video file and play them but can we do the opposite ,when the sibtitle file has already been added to the file and there is no separate subtitle file as such.Let me clearly mention my problem once again ;I want to remove the subtitle, from the video file,which has been pre-added to the video file.Hope I've stated my prob clearly.Please help me,as m not able to get through this problem even after a lot of Googling.Plz help me.Thanx in advance.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If they are hard encoded then basically your only option is to crop them off. Whatever was behind them is gone. That said there are various delogo type filters, but whilst they work well on a static logo, I would not expect good results with subtitles.

Just how many times are you planning on watching it anyway?

3. harry2006

harry2006 Guest

Thanx a lot for ur advice.
    Its a very nice docu so it woul'd 've ben very nice if I can get rid of those crappy things by some means...Cannt we find something like Desubtitle or similar kind of stuff ???am I sound weird? :)

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Try and remove the subtitles from the above. Then remember that video means 24-30 images per second.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007