1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get sound out of my setup

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by andmill11, Dec 14, 2007.

1. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

So i bought the VGA xbox 360 cable for my new 22 inch samsungBW. I have the PC connected to the monitor through the DVI cable and the xbox (obviously) through the VGA cable. The vga cable came with the normal red and white RCA jacks and a RCA to 3.5mm jack (which im assuming is what i have to use). In order to get sound i have no clue where im supposed to plug in the 3.5 jack at. I have the logitech 5.1 speakers which i use with my PC and i would like to use them for the xbox as well. Does that mean i need to plug the 3.5 jack into the back of the PC? And then have my PC running the whole time? Or what else can i possibly do? A 3.5 mm to 3.5mm jack (female to female) to connect the xbox's cable to the black wire thats usually going into the PC (speaker) and get a single to double 3.5mm splitter so i can have both the PC and the XBOX getting sound at the same time?

(i can draw a diagram of what im talking about if i dont make any sense)

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

To get audio, you need to plug the stereo jack into your speakers' front audio port (that cable won't deliver surround sound). If your speakers plug into a female (hole) connector in your PC, then you will need a male to female adapter (holes at either end) to attach to the audio cable. Otherwise, just plug the cable straight into your speakers.

3. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

*facepalm*

I completely forgot about the front jack on the PC.

If that doesnt work im going to end up trying out what i originally thought of.

If not that then the speakers came with a converter to change them into RCA inputs. Ill simply have to unplug them from the PC everytime i plan on playing. Not a HUGE deal. Just annoying.