1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get to Bottom Side of PS2 mainboard

Discussion in 'PS2' started by angelus08, Jan 25, 2004.

1. angelus08

angelus08 Member

Hi I have a v2 PS2 and I am lost trying to figure out how to get to the back of the mainboard. I've looked at the diagrams but they don't tell you how to disconnect everything to get to the back of the mainboard. I took out the whole board thing from the ps2, removed a metal cover on the bottom of it and it revealed a small circuit board, but it's not the bottom of the main board. Is the "SCEx" on the bottom of the main board or is it on this small board?

There's a metal structure on the bottom of the ps2 mainboard, seems like a heatsink of some sort and I can't figure out how to remove it. Sorry for my scattered thoughts, I'm just frustrated =)

2. fly_low

fly_low Member

remove all screws...look hard
    pull or twist the metal cover from board. its stuck because of the ish they put on top of the chips to help with heat dissipation

3. account

account Guest

ok here is how to get to the back

1. there is a brown cable (there is only 2) it is the thicker one well stick your fingernail under the small clip on the part where it attaches to the ps2 it flips up quite easily you can do the same to the controller port. then just gently flip the board over and do the solder points.

4. JoeBlanx

JoeBlanx Member

that small board is your power supply. take that and the metal shield next to it off *4 screws*. remove fan and all the little screws holding the rf shield that covers the whole motherboard. all done.