1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get to XBMC from UnleashX v0.38?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by ha9981, Feb 1, 2008.

1. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i want to install the xbmc dashboard instead of unleashx, i believe xbmc is the best dashboard right?

how would i do so? i have splinter cell and memory card but is there a way to do with ftp since i have ftp set up?

2. Klaymore

Klaymore Member

3. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

is it better to keep xbmc as a dashboard or application?

is unleashx better as a dashboard, does it have more advanced features?

4. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

I think the answer to that is more matter of convenience then anything else. Unleashx has more tinkering features then XBMC, but XBMC is just that; a media center, quick access with slick folders to music, video, games, applications etc. If you're hooked up to the internet, it has weather, web browser capabilities, KAI gaming etc. Do you find yourself booting your console and then running XBMC right away? Or do you just load it to play your music or web browse? If you automatically load it up as the first thing you do, then I would run it as your dash. If you boot up and then occasionally load XBMC, then I would leave it as an app. I run 3; evox, unleashx, XBMC. I use unleashx as my working on the xbox application. evolutionx was the dash I choose when I first sofmodded and I just haven't gotten around to changing it to XBMC (which I use all the time anyway).