1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get USA-exclusive downloads in Xbox live if you live outside?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pipiolo, Feb 19, 2007.

1. pipiolo

pipiolo Member

hello again

does anyone have any idea on how to get usa exclusive downloads if you live outside the states in xbox live?
    right now i wanted to download the Borat Theme but i live in Mexico and it doesnt appear in the downloads section of live, so i wanted to know if someones has come with the brilliant idea of a way to get this kind of downloads...

2. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

i believe you used to be able to create a new gamer profile with a different region where you live but if i remember rightly they locked you out of being able to do that.

3. pipiolo

pipiolo Member

mmmm no, i made my profile as if i live in usa, and it still somehow it can detect my ip adress and it knows that im in mexico

4. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

yeah like i said im pretty sure you cant do it anymore...

5. alexperez

alexperez Guest

hey huys, I got a HD tv and wanted to download fils from Live but dont have them in the Uk so I created a new gamertag and profile and put US country in that, went on to live and downlaoded the free content from the US live, yesterday i opurchased some US MS points from ebay and now I can buy things from the US live!!
    When the films finished I logged off, sign back in with my UK accoutn and can access all the content in the UK profile that i downloaded in the US gamer profile!!

6. pipiolo

pipiolo Member

gotta try that today..

7. pipiolo

pipiolo Member

by the way....alexperez...are you mexican?? never knew a mexican living in the uk

8. alexperez

alexperez Guest

no man, Im Spanish.

I know you said you had a Mexican account but thought this may help as I could do it from the UK

9. pipiolo

pipiolo Member

yes it worked, all you have to do is make an american account, also i dont know if it helps but using an american made email can also work, and you can download usa exclusive downloads, wich has a lot more to offer than other countries.. thank you alex

10. alexperez

alexperez Guest

no worries mate, only thing i will say is ms points are region locked aparantly, dont know if anyone lese can confirm this so try and get american pionts from ebay!!