1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get xbox360 to play movies files from pc?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jayda23, May 24, 2007.

1. jayda23

jayda23 Member

Can someone please tell me how can i get movies/videos to play from my home pc to my xbox360?I can play the music however my movies wont play they will show as a folder with the file but wont play. Is there some type of format other than AVI that you have to convert them to in order to play on the ps3? thanks in advance

2. nsx2050

nsx2050 Member

Theres a guide at the top.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

TVersity, ORB are two programs.

4. jayda23

jayda23 Member

i tried the guide and did everything correstly, however I have a wired connection so I hope that didnt matter. However I didnt see the TVersity in my computer, it only showed my computer when I had windows media player 11 to share. What am I doing wrong here can someone please help? thanks

5. jayda23

jayda23 Member

opp i meant i didnt see TVersity on my xbox360 when i went to videos for media, it only showed my computer name

6. steimy

steimy Active member

not really sure, I installed both ORB and TVersity and both were found by my 360. I am assuming that since you used MP11 before that your computer has a network set up, and that the files you want are in a folder you have hared on that network?

7. jayda23

jayda23 Member

yes my network is already setup but at the time I could only play music and not movies or videos that`s why I was trying to figure out how to play movies. Is there something I could do so that my 360 will read ORB or Trvesity?

8. fgamer

fgamer Guest

I use to could play videos on my 360 but after Microsoft updated I don't think it's possible for videos to be played until orb and tversity release patch.