1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go online via computer

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Anabi_Ltd, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Anabi_Ltd

Anabi_Ltd Regular member

hi all

i got my xbox connected to the router and played online and everything was perfect...

i am tryin something else here and if it has a solution then i'll be glad as everyone has a chance top share the similiar idea..

my idea is to connect the xbox to the pc(desktop) and then go online
    my computer is connected to the internet through a (usb)wireless adaptor, internet is working perfect .

wat i have tried till now is using the cat5 cable from the xbox to the pc with both straight and cross connection..

the message i got for both attempts is"limited or no connectivity"

will there be any chance where there is some setting somewhere which will help me get the connection...

there is an option in the properties of that connection in the poc wich sayes "allow other network users to share internet connection"

does anyone tried or has worked out this way????

let me know pls..

thnx....................................

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

i think for that to work you have to bridge your connection to the xbox. do a google. search on that and c if that helps

3. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.teammodders.com/forum/internet-connection-sharing-for-the-xbox-or-other-console-t714.html

you can also get that message if your wireless router has security enabled (which it should unless you want all your neibors using it). then you have to go into the router settings, get the information (SSID name, security key, type of encryption used like WPA Personal, and write all that down. Then enter that into the 360 network settings.

an option you have if you have wireless is a supported wireless gaming adapter http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=gaming+adapter&type=product&id=1061127609830
    i have that one so i know it works.