1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to go wireless with the 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by harkinsr9, Jan 8, 2008.

1. harkinsr9

harkinsr9 Member

hi i wanted to connect to xbox live via wireless connection what will i need my pc connects to my modem via usb cable os is xp any help appreciated

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

use google.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

You need a wireless modem, Wireless gaming adapter (both Xbox Live Compatible, there are lists at xbox.com that tell you which one's are), and some basic networking skills. There are also guides on Xbox.com on how to set up the network between the PC and Xbox 360.
    I would say for online gaming a decent DSL or cable connection is also needed, no dial up connection.

4. peteacher

peteacher Member

I use a wireless router (linksys) and a game adapter (also linksys) and haven't had any issues connecting to xbox live. Of course, I also have high speed internet. It will not work with dial up!

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Yep, i also use a Linksys wireless adapter (WGA54G) and router (WRT54GS). Both have worked very well if you are not too far from the router. i would say they have about a 60-70 foot limit if you do not want to have any dropped connections, but i have not tested that fully.

6. guido28

guido28 Member

Yeah linksys routers are good and if you need more coverage than 60-70 feet buy he extender antennas for the router.