1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to have Hardmodded Japanese Wii (wiikey 2) 4.3J play E/U disks (original+copies?)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Mogura87, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Mogura87

Mogura87 Member

Hi. I have a Japanese Wii hardmodded with Wiikey 2. I bought a legit Japanese copy of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and a message appeared that said I needed to update the wii in order to be able to play the game. Thinking I had no choice if I wanted to play Zelda SS, and also being unaware that the 3.4 update disables the region free function of the wiikey, I completed the update. After the update, Japanese originals and copies still work fine, but European games doesn't work anymore (as I should have checked out before updating). Do I have to softmod the Wii in order to be able to play E/U originals and backups on disk again? Or will I only be able to play E/U games by loading ISO files through USB drives using the softmod method? While being able to load ISOs from USB drives is not bad, I'd also like to be able to play legit E/U disks. What should I do?

2. Mogura87

Mogura87 Member

3. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Install priiloader and enable the region free hacks (softmod required) should enable the loading of out of region discs - get modmii (google!) and run it on a PC it will generate everything you need and a guide

4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

there is a alternative but i don't know with a chip installed if it will help.

There is bootstar boot star writes to the wii's firmware to be able to boot all disks no matter region it is the same tool people are using to mod the nintendo wii from u.s to japanese i have done this mod and can confirm it does work and after the mod is done you can even access system updates and even the shop and other channels.