1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to hookup all my stuff?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by sheranne, Jan 18, 2007.

1. sheranne

sheranne Member

I had an Ilo dvd recorder connected to my Emerson EWD2203 dvd/vhs combo. I bought a Sima CT-2 so I could record my copyright protected tapes to dvd. Turns out the Ilo was crap. So I just bought an RCA DRC8040N dvd recorder. I've tried to connect it the same as before but it won't let me record. Maybe I have something wrong. Could someone please help and tell me how this is suppost to be connected? I also have dish network in all of this stuff. Thanks for any help.

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

What ilo was it a 04 or 05
    If an 04 do you still have it

3. sheranne

sheranne Member

I still have the piece of crap, just haven't had the time to take it to the dump. It's an 05.

4. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

If it was an 04 you wouldn’t even need the Sima

Connections [Just to dub VHS tape to DVD]

The Emerson combo unit with its tape function should go to the RCA - DVD recorder and from the DVD recorder to the TV
    Copy Protection comes to play in the form of Macro Vision [MV] on the tapes and with a recorder in the line. You should/might get a distorted picture but a blank is most rare.

The Sima I gather is supposed to correct for MV problems and should go between the Emerson and the RCA to straighten things out and fool the RCA,
    I do not have any experience with the Sima and do not place much confidrnce in such devices
    The Sima should have come with instructions

When you say “won’t let me record” Do you see a picture but is distorted/off color etc.
    Are you having the same problem with the RCA as with the 05

It may not be the connections, the RCA recorder or the 05, The Sima may not be working or doing what its supposed to

5. sheranne

sheranne Member

When I had the sima connect to the Ilo I had no problems with recording tapes or dvd's. One cable of the sima goes to the combo and another cable on the sima goes to the recorder. I just can't remember how the other is suppost to be connected. When I had it connected I put a tape in and it wouldn't show on the tv and the same with a dvd.