1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Hotswap with XboxHDM v1.9 (Super Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by chunkhead, Aug 14, 2007.

1. megsamil

megsamil Guest

Last question and I`ll be out of your hair, I tried the expliot by burning another xboxhm cd with the expliot on it but when I tried to run the install it keeps telling me that no xbox partions are found, I tried to run opt 2 to rebuild it but got a simmular message, I also tries serveral other programs like xplorer 360 and a few fatx readers but none of them find an xbox partions, (i am good with PC software so I am sure I am running them right)does this mean the org hdd is dead even though I was able to unlock it? thanks again for all your help.

PS I am not so good with hardwear as softwear so worst case is tomarrow I will buy the eeprom reader, here the issue, I live in South America so the only ones areound are not "made for xbox" rather other apps and electronic programing, can I use any eeprom reader or do I need to have no shipped in?

2. MBFtrace

MBFtrace Member

Hi, first post here. I dont know where else to find out some info on this, considering there's not much about it online. I dled and burned xboxhdm 1.9, and I put it in my pc. But, when I try and type in xboxhd or xbrowser it tells me it can't find the linux CD. (Im guessing this is because I use a SATA dvd drive, and I only have 1 PATA slot anyway.

So, I went to use another older PC. But this time, it won't recognize the xbox harddrive, I've spent 5 hours trying to get it to work. I have to do it blind, but I know it goes into error 12 properly. It just doesn't recognize it. Ive tried to plug it in on the xboxhdm main menu, before POST, during POST, after putting in 1, everything. I need some help :/

3. FaroZ06

FaroZ06 Member

Wait...You do it blind???
    The VGA cable MUST be attached for it to give you the error 16 that unlocks the drive.
    And you need an IDE port.

You need the cable.
    Also, did you follow the steps in the tutorial that say how to insert the dashboard clean files and such?

4. MBFtrace

MBFtrace Member

No, I have the VGA cable plugged in, and I have all the files I need. Im using the older computer which HAS IDE slots. And Im using IDE cables.

(BTW, im just trying to mod it ATM, I don't need to fix it.)

5. FaroZ06

FaroZ06 Member

Oh.
    Maybe try plugging it to a different IDE port? I'll tell you what I did.
    The computer's (well, the XBOX is a computer, but you know what I mean) harddrive must be unplugged. I plugged the XBOX hdd into the IDE cable where the PC drive was.

Make sure that you don't get an orange ring when you plug the XBOX in. That means that there are connection problems. Try plugging it in to a TV.

The PC I was using could only detect one drive at once for some reason!

Hope this helps.

Eventually, my XBOX wasn't fixed, but that's because of something else.

6. MBFtrace

MBFtrace Member

Tried all the ports, and my xbox got a error 12, and the comps harddrive was unplugged.

7. FaroZ06

FaroZ06 Member

was the PC's DVD drive plugged in?
    also, you have to take out the IDE from the XBOX immediately. All of the pins have to disconnect at the same time.

8. MBFtrace

MBFtrace Member

Did all of those, no matter what I did, it wouldn't detect the harddrive, locked or unlocked. It didn't matter.

9. FaroZ06

FaroZ06 Member

OK. THEN, the drive is toast. I think.

This happened to my external LaCie 1 TB disk. It died, and now my computer doesn't even know it's there when I turn it on. It also stutters when I start it up.

10. MBFtrace

MBFtrace Member

The drive is fine, and the computer is ok.

11. MBFtrace

MBFtrace Member

Ok, I got into it with xplorer 360, But its missing the E partition???

12. MBFtrace

MBFtrace Member

And now xplorer360 won't recognize my harddrive although other programs will :/

13. kpoc25

kpoc25 Member

hello. i am still trying to get this right but i think i am using the wrong pc..... i did all the steps up until the press 1 then xboxhd all it saids is that it is looking for cd drive linux cd not found i have a hp slimline computer that is all sata and i just bought a ide controller card from frys and it still gives me that error am i doing something wrong or is my computer the wrong kind for this??? PLease someone help me

14. FaroZ06

FaroZ06 Member

Redo the steps where you unzip and move files. Did you open the "create linux CD" thing?

Make sure all of the files are in place, then make the CD. It'll give you an ISO, which you can burn.

I also have a [suckish] slimline, but I don't have an IDE adapter. But it seems that the IDE adapter should work as long as no special drivers are needed. I'm trying to buy an adapter so I can do it with Bootcamp on my Mac...

15. kpoc25

kpoc25 Member

yeah i did that and the iso burned okay because thecd booted up right now do my cd drive have to be ide... also my controller card is a raid sata card with one ide input.

16. FaroZ06

FaroZ06 Member

Ah, I see! This software is probably designed to look for drives in IDE port 1 on a computer that uses IDE because the tutorial said to plug the XBOX into port 1, NOT port 2.

So the IDE adapter you have won't work. I recommend doing it the FATXplorer or xplore360 method where you run Windows but connect the drive to a secondary port or use an adapter.

17. Gikero

Gikero Member

First off, I appreciate all of you out there who took the time to help out the rest of us. I really like this guide, very clear. I am having one issue that I keep running into with every guide I've tried.

I have a unmodded 1.6 xbox. I am trying to soft-mod it with XboxHDM 1.9. Everything goes smoothly until it needs to rebuild the C and E partitions. I have everything that the guide says in the C and E folders on the disc but its not detecting. I've made multiple discs just to be sure and all the same outcome. Am I missing something that is really obvious? Any help is greatly appreciated!

18. redngreen

redngreen Member

any one hav any thoughts as to why
    when i try to force an error code 12 to hotswap i end up with an error 11 and can i still hotswap ?

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

20. redngreen

redngreen Member

thanks creaky much abliged