1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Hotswap with XboxHDM v1.9 (Super Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by chunkhead, Aug 14, 2007.

1. dynasty99

dynasty99 Member

Hi, sorry if this was asked already, I couldn't find it.

When doing this hotswap, can I go directly to another dash, like evox, by replacing files in the C/ drive created, instead of reverting to an "original" xbox, and restarting completely.

If so, what files do I need to change?

Thanks

2. sparkdd

sparkdd Member

Hey Chunk, I did everything u said and now I got an error 5, can u please help me?

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

4. aksal

aksal Member

Hi.

Im trying to pass thru that tutorial but could'nt finish it.

First of all i will explain what i do.
    Few months ago i was trying to format my hd on xbox using some xbox tool. But format goes wrong or freeze?
    Dont rly rememer what happend but when i try to run a console again it shows an error screen with error code 16 or 21. And i forgot about it.

Now i do som serch and i fund this great forum and this impresive "HOW TO" but some of steps not work for me well.

At 1st is a not showing error code 12 after unplug the Xboxs DVD drive IDE cable - just making my xbox frezz (what i can recognized by freezed sound and screen stop before error code screen apear). Anyway i try next steps. (could someone explain what thst step is for?)

Hotswap - i think it work form me because my pc bios recognize the xbox disk and i can start the XBDM.
    Iam typing 1 and at next xcreen typing "xboxhd" and then it shows me screen like this:

Code:
    INFO INFO INFO INFO INFO INFO INFO INFO INFO INFO INFO INFO INFO 

The following drive was found on your prmary master :
    ST310014A

Could not access the drive on Primary Master.
    Your Xbox drive is locked!
    If you continue some of the menu opiton of xboxhd will be disabled.
    Be aware of the following linux device names:

Primare Master : /dev/hda
    Primare Slave : .devhdb
    Secondary Master : /dev/hdc
    Secondary Slave : /dev/hdd

Do you wish to continue ? [yes/no] :
    And no matter what i type yes or now that next menu option [1-8] is all disabled. Just only 6 i can go in... (but i have not my eeprom.bin) and dont know what to do now?

I also trying to check my xbox disk on pc with MHDD tool and it recognize it but told me that is locked by ATA PASSWORD Security: MAX and cant unlockit. I found some unlock tool but they need my xobx working or need my EEPROM. But both this are unaccessible because xbox is not working (code 16 or 21) and i did not make a copy of my EEPROM...

Som sugestion ? Some other tools that i need to check?
    Maybe F*** that disk and buy odther/biger one? It will be work?

5. aksal

aksal Member

anybody here ?

6. redngreen

redngreen Member

7. TheElite

TheElite Member

does this method manufacture the xbox cuz i need to do tht & thx

8. xarow

xarow Member

can you do this when your cd drive is on a sata cable and the HDD from the xbox on an IDE cable?? because i have only one IDE port on my motherboard.

9. redngreen

redngreen Member

it should work as long as your hard drive isn't hooked up . it should boot the iso so i'd give it a shot

10. arieger

arieger Member

Ok, i followed your tutorial from start to finish. after it finished i unplugged the IDE cable from the pc and re-inserted both cables for HD and DVD-rom drive, then powered off the xbox. when i turned the xbox back on i gave me error 21. did i do something wrong, or did i miss something..?

11. Gikero

Gikero Member

Just so everyone knows. The EEPROM isn't going to be very important after April 15, 2010. That is the day Microsoft is retiring the original Xbox from Xbox Live service as well as Xbox Live Games. After that, only Xbox 360 and 360 games will be XBL compatible. The EEPROM is used when signing onto XBL, so it won't be neccesary to save it. You can just use the Xbox Linux disc and format a new hard drive and slap it in.

12. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

No, sorry that won't work. The eeprom is used to lock the drive of the xbox. If you had a stock ms dash and tried to boot with an unlocked drive you'll get an error code (either 6 or 7). It just won't work if it's unlocked. The only way to boot the xbox with an unlocked drive is with a modchip, softmodding doesn't cost anything so i don't see why everyone would suddenly start hardmodding.

Don't spread bad information

13. Gikero

Gikero Member

Ah, thanks for correcting me. I was told this by someone else who has modded more than I have so I took it in good faith. Is there anyway I can just delete that post then?

14. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

I suppose you can edit your post if you want. The edit button is in the upper right hand corner of your post. You don't need to edit it though, i just don't like bad info being spread around. No harm done.

15. 55KYLE55

55KYLE55 Member

when I unplug the computer hard drive and start the computer with the burned disc in it reads "invalid boot disc" what is wrong?

16. TrekonBT

TrekonBT Member

Hello. I don't know if this thread is still active, because i plan on following this guide soon when i get computer tower to do it, but i need to know if i'll need to remember anything from before i got the error (ie deleted my dashboard). the problem is i don't remember anything about it because it was so long ago.

i read something about having to remember my dash ver and eeeprom or something here

thank you.

17. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Yes the thread is still active.

You don't need your eeprom if you're hotswapping. All you need to remember is what error you're fixing, remember hotswapping will only fix software errors. Hardware errors and locking errors can not be fixed by hotswapping.

18. TrekonBT

TrekonBT Member

thank you. because i don't remember what i had previously and i softmodded using a game save and didn't back it up (which i do normally would do when messing with my laptops).

so then this should work regardless of my previous os version?
    thanks a bunch. i'll get on this when i get a new pc.

19. Jugulater

Jugulater Member

Lol thanx bro i just brought an xbox back to life yup yup worked first go nice Tut

20. burndogg

burndogg Member

HI,

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010