1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Hotswap with XboxHDM v1.9 (Super Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by chunkhead, Aug 14, 2007.

1. XboxFreak06

XboxFreak06 Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm planning to make my own EEPROM reader from scratch and I'm planning to get all of the required parts & the soldering iron from Radio Shack so that I can put in my old 80GB PATA/IDE Hard Drive. My Hard Drive is a Western Digital WD800JB-00JJC0 and the reason why I'm putting a new hard drive in is because the Seagate ST310014ACE Hard Drive's PCB Logic Board got fried on the one small spot, well, that; I need more storage so that I can store my music CDs onto the Hard Drive. I'm currently cleaning out the hard drive now and I'm going to run a ScanDisk to locate and fix the bad clusters (if any) so that I can delete the partition and make the new hard drive for the Xbox via XboxHDM v1.9

Here's my list of items I need (if I miss any, please state the item and catalog # please)
    50-ft. Wiring - $4.19
    5-pack 3.9K OHM 1/2W Resistors (2 needed) - $1.19
    2-pack 5.1V Zener Diodes - $1.59
    Cheap Soldering Iron 30W/120V - 250mA (.25A) - $7.99
    DB9 Female Connector - $2.19

Total Pricing w/o the tax: $17.05
    Total Pricing w/ the tax: $18.07

Is the pricing good?
    Catalog Numbers for the items & part(s) on radioshack.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zener Diode - Catalog #: 276-565
    3.9K OHM 1/2W Resistor - Catalog #: 271-1123
    50-Ft. Blue Insulated Wrapping Wire (30AWG) - Catalog #: 278-503
    DB9 Female Connector - Catalog #: 276-1428
    Soldering Iron - Catalog #: 64-2802

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. ePod111

ePod111 Member

U got everything covered, really dont need 50 feet, u might use 2-3 tops but if its cheap might as well. i followed the guide about 8 months back worked like a charm. your prices are pretty good too. the only thing is u gotta have an older computer for the d-sub connector, otherwise your set.

3. efaustus9

efaustus9 Member

I was given an original unmodified xbox with an error 21 code, that can not boot games. I have been trying to fix the issue with this tutorial. I have seen this tutorial through to completion 3 times with 2 versions of the official xbox dashboard that I could find. The with the latest version being from here and the earliest on bittorrent. Still following boot I am greeted with the error 21 code. Any ideas as to what else I could do, or should I just bin this ol xbox? Thanks!

4. Malarrya

Malarrya Member

I know this thread is super-old but, dude, you saved me $40! Thank you so much!

5. Sensei

Sensei Newbie

Hello need some help and few tips here when i try to push the DOS box it gives me an error saying "the program or feauture " \??\D:\xboxhdm\rawrite.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available." What will I do? I cant create the linux.iso and i cant burn it till i finish this one... A help is appreciated!