1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install a new HD in PS2...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by antsmalls, Oct 29, 2004.

1. antsmalls

antsmalls Regular member

Hi, I'm new to the PS2 thing, however, this sounds worth I try from what I hear. I am an XBOX mod king, but I know nothing about playstation. Now, I understand people are saying that one can mod the PS2. Sound attractive, but I already have a modded XBOX. Then, I heard you can copy(burn) PS2 games to a hard drive and to your memory card. That sounds like something I need to see.
    Now, I've been through alot of forums trying to get info on how to start. If anyone can answer these few questions, I'd greatly appreicate it.

-How to install a new HD in the PS2?
    -What are the steps(guide) to programming the HD?
    -Do you copy the games to the HD or Memory Card, and how?
    -Do you always have to use HDLoader or HDAdvance to play the copied games?

Thanks All!

P.S.- If any knows a site that has a complete layout (For Example, the way TeamXecuter shows the step by step details, please post.)

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you need a network adaptor to connect the hd to the ps2. Then you need to buy either hd loader or hdadvance. You cannot save games on the memory card. Search for hd loader or hdadvance