1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install a Ps3 game to my console

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Rajj, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

I downloaded a ps3 game, shows lots of files how do i put this game on a ps3?

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

you need a blu-ray burner or a file splitting and rejoining application to shrink it's size down most ps3 games are 50 gig's to as small as 8 gig's which won't copy onto a formatted fat 32 hard drive.

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

1st you need cfw, 2nd if youve already downloaded chances are they have split it for you? what are the files? zip/rar files? or do you have a few folders?

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

im sorry but... what?... you don't need a blu ray burner the only ps3 that can run burnt BD are reference tool and debug station... as for shrinking that wont work... when doing a copy of ps3 game to iso the image will be the same size as the game.. if the game is 4gb in files it will also be the same size in iso image.... ps3 bd-rom does not contain any other partitions apart for the game... as for fat32... well... it doesn't matter the size of the game if the game is file based even if its "50" gb and it has no files that exceed the 4gb limit it will work....

if the game you got has 1 folder and inside of it you have folders that are called PS3_GAME and PS3_UPDATE and a file called PS3_DISC.SFB... that's all you need.... if the game has no big files(over 4gb) connect usb hdd/flash to the pc make sure its fat32 make a folder called GAMES in caps and copy the game inside of it then just plug in the usb port of the ps3 then run multiman and select the game... if the game has files bigger than 4gb connect the ps3 to a router that your pc is connected to.. run multiman on the ps3.... on the pc connect to the ip address that multiman is showing using filezilla and browse to dev_hdd0 once there there's a folder called GAMES in caps then just copy the game there it will take some time to copy after its done disconnect from the ps3 and use the refresh option in multiman and the game should be on the list...

5. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

but what you don't get is most games are over 50 gig's which fat 32 won't copy like grand theft auto 5 which is 53.6 gig's on the disk

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

where do you get those numbers from eh?.... only a small fraction of ps3 games have big size killzone3(41.3GB) uncharted3(45.7GB) god of war ascension(35GB) god of war 3(40.1GB) to name a few

iso of gtav on ps3 is 17.5gb and in game files its the same size.. further more gtav can be put on fat32 in game files it does not have 4gb files and to add more to this the ps4 version of the game is not 50gb either.... its 44.9 GB on psn and its the same size of the game on the disk.. the idea of having a 25gb or 50gb bluray does not mean you can physically fit 25 or 50gb to it... the manufacturer follows the 1,000,000,000 bytes rule when it comes to 25 or 50... we on the other hand follow 1,073,741,824 byte.... so 25gb is 23.3GB while 50GB is 47GB so a ps3/ps4 disk game cannot be larger than 50GB....

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  7. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

I got 2 folders Ps3_GAME, Ps3_UPDATE and PS3_DISC.SFB and got bunch of files, which game file do i upload?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  8. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

That's what happens when you use winrar to unpack an .iso file. Which you shouldn't do, by the way.

9. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well... you use iso only if you have cobra ode.... if you have a cfw you dont need to have iso..... the iso made from cobra ode wont work on the cfw from what i know plus you need a special multiman version if you have cobra ode....

you upload the whole main folder.... eg if you have a folder like this BCES00609-[inFAMOUS] and inside of it you have the proper folders you take the folder BCES00609-[inFAMOUS] and upload it to the GAMES folder in the dev_hdd0 then just do a refresh in multiman

10. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

I got cfw 3.55 do I still need multiman?

11. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

yes and no... there's plenty of managers to choose from but only multiman has the most options

Iris Manager
    http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=158

IRISMAN
    http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=250

multiMAN
    http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=24

Gamesonic Manager
    http://playstationhax.it/forums/topic/1185-gamesonic-manager-v353/

you should also consider updating to a higher cfw something like rebug it has plenty of support

http://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-65-2-cobra-7-02-toolbox-2-02-02-nov-2014/

12. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

How do i load miltiman for ps3? Could I just load the game folder to the ps3 without multiman since I have cfw?

13. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you have to install multiman just put the pkg file on a usb make sure its fat32 then plug it in the ps3 check the option called "install packages files" and install the pkg file then multiman will be on the xmb in the game column

14. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

I personally like webman too.

15. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

16. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

How do I load the game folder in ps3 and is it safe to play online or what cfw is the safest to go online?

17. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

you really have done no reading up about this, if your games are on an external hdd simply drag the folder e.g bles 2345 fifa 15 to the GAMES folder, if not then you have FTP it to the internal hdd, as for the online i dont use it but have installed 4.66 spoofer (which is available as pkg file) on my daughters and she is fine FOR NOW. i suggest you do some reading up. and are you sure yours is on 3.55 CFW or is it 3.55 OFW as someone who has a 3.55CFW has bought it knowing what it can do and has the information already, asking if you need multiman or the others leans me towards you dont really have a clue about 3.55 running CFW (i hope this does not offend)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  18. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

Would it be a better idea to update from cfw 3.55 to rebug so online play will be safer?

19. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

it would be better for you (for now) to keep that console strictly off line, games require updates and patches and if somehow you dont read what it says on the ps3 screen it could say system update, system update = stock fw, contradicted myself as you need to be online for the game updates or patches ha, but if i was you i would get used to it and keep it off line, you dont even know how to put a game on your hdd yet never mind getting on psn!

20. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

Say If I don't do the update for the game, I won't get banned right?