1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install from .exe file

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jadsru1, Oct 27, 2004.

1. jadsru1

jadsru1 Member

Hi I downloaded an .exe file from kazaa. However, whenever I click on it, I get some kind of black prompt screen which quickly disappears afterwards. Does anyone knows how to install from an .exe file. Thanks

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

First of all, whenever you run a .exe file that you downloaded it's risky since it might be a virus, especially with Kazaa which is bad with virus', so you should be sure what you downloaded is realy what you wanted. Second it sounds like the black prompt screen that's coming up is the command prompt screen, it shouldn't be disappearing like that, but if it is, you can open command prompt yourself start-->Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt
    should be somewhere around there.
    Once you've opened the command prompt direct it to your .exe file, an easy way to do this is just drag the file onto the command prompt window. Then press enter, this should run the program.

3. jadsru1

jadsru1 Member

Thanks for the advice. I found out that the download was corrupted and was not even good.

4. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

80-90% of all exe files from kazza are infected. STAY AWAY from Kazza!

5. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

Ya, for sure, Kazaa sucks, anything on Kazaa you can find elsewhere with bittorrent with a far less risk of getting a virus.