1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***** HOW TO INSTALL MOBILE PHONE TOOLS*****

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Gem20, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Nemesis66

Nemesis66 Member

i have the same problem as trish6139
    and this sux, i can only have a mp3 of 1147kb, can i make it biger?

2. Nemesis66

Nemesis66 Member

i got it to work, yah!! what i did is:

when the screen comes up saying usb cable, bluetooth and infrared, if your doing the usb, unplug the usb hit next and it says "your phone will be betected and set up automatically" now you plug the usb in

i worked for me, hope it help others

3. jinkai

jinkai Member

yea i got mine to work! when the screen says "Unable to communicate to the mobile phone" i turn off the phone and then turn it bak on and now i can transfer music and pictures to my phone! Thx guys!

4. rickricka

rickricka Member

PLEASE HELP:

I have a V330 with Windows ME, and I cannot get this to work. I have tried all of the drivers (P2K, P2K_driver_2.3, the ones that come with mpt323.exe, and the driver that came with the cable) about 3 times each. When I get to the part where it asks me to connect my phone to the computer so that it can detect it ('Please turn your phone on and connect it to the cable, then connect your cable to your PC'), it fails to find it. When I plug the cable into my computer, the light on my phone does turn on, and the progress bar slowly moves with 'Please wait. Your phone is being installed and set up.' on the top, but when it is done (after about 3 minutes) a window pops up saying 'mobile PhoneTools did not detect your phone.'.
    This has got to be a driver problem, but how do I fix it?
    Also, I cannot get the new device found wizard to come up again, even if I delete the usb device from the modems in Device Manager. I don't think that this is a problem though because I can just update the driver to something else anyways.
    It may also be a problem with Windows ME, because I know that it is a rare version.

Rick

5. daevild

daevild Member

hey.. one of the links doesnt work.. can someone(who has all the files)send to my email all of them.. zipped in one file ( that would be faster and easier) plz? my email is : daevild@gmail.com
    i really need them.. thanks

6. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

Hi,
    Sorry i haven't been around for a while.
    My broadband hasen't been working for the last 2 weeks so i haven't been able to use the internet.
    Hence, i haven't yet sorted the link problem, but i will post news as soon as i have any.

Gemma

7. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

Hi,
    Sorry i haven't been around for a while.
    My broadband hasen't been working for the last 2 weeks so i haven't been able to use the internet.
    Hence, i haven't yet sorted the link problem, but i will post news as soon as i have any.

Gemma

8. Austonio

Austonio Member

So helpful this forum has been! I just can't see the Media Manager, Mobile Explorer, or whatever it's called. All other icons appear in the function panel, but I think the Media icon is supposed to be between the Email and Phonebook icons, and it's not.

- MPT works - liveupdated to 3.28, running on windows XP.
    - backup/synchronization works, because it sees all the contacts.
    - installed p2kman, but it won't connect.
    - using usb data cable, connected to the bottom of the phone.
    - model v710, display wires are completely severed from the keypad.

* I just want the pictures off. should I be using a different (mini?) usb cable? please help. thanks. /a.

--- update 22 Dec 2005 ---
    at another thread, I learned how to switch the MPT modem prefs from the 710 driver to the 710m. that allowed Media Studio to open, activating all options, including Mobile Explorer which sadly causes the link to the phone to disconnect.

apparently, it's because the phone is a verizon stock and requires seem changes. all attempts at using pst, p2k, and bitpim failed to find the phone, which is now on its way to a buyer who I'm hoping is savvy enough (and willing) to pull them off and send them to me.

good luck all. /a.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  9. screamdud

screamdud Member

I need help, i installed my v3 using this method,
    1) Open 'mobile phone tools'

2)When the device configeration wizard pops up, click on 'Next'
    Then instead of clicking on 'Motorola USB Modem', click on 'Other Device' - with the yellow question mark next to it, then 'Next',
    This is where you can match the com port you are using to your device. If you still do not recognise your device, click on 'Check COM Ports'. It will check all of the ports on the computer and detect if and what there is in it and give you slightly more information about the device.

3)Highlight your device and then click on 'Next'. Follow the instructions and only tick the box if you want to driver from a list yourself.

4)Wait for a few seconds until it says your device has been detected.
    Click on 'Next'.

5)It will then tell you that the device configeration is complete.
    Then click on 'Finish'.

but now when i open phone tools and plug my phone in using the usb cord, the razr v3 phone image comes up on my screen but it says please wait and nothing happens, it stays on please wait and never connects but my phone does charge when i plug it in through the usb, what did i do wrong and how can i fix it?

10. Rip_it_Up

Rip_it_Up Member

Happy Holidays all. Well, I just don't know what else to do. MPT seems to be running OK. Ran program and tried to transfer pic from PC to mobile, I get "unable to communicate to the mobile phone." (noticed also I couldn't even try to transfer from mobile to pc, tabs and buttons were not functioning.)
    When I plug USB into laptop, system tray popup: "USB device not recognized"
    Tried combo of unplugging and powering off, nothing's changed.
    Clicked Device manager unknown device properties: Microsoft 7/1/2001 ver 5.1.2600.0
    Clicked update driver pointing to P2K folder and W2K_XP_USB and automatic, etc. and every time I get: "Cannot continue driver update. Wizard could not find better match for hardware then software currently installed."
    Clicked driver details and get: "no driver files required or have been loaded"

Please help me get this going. Been trying and reading back posts for hours now.
    XP home and Motorola V220. MPT ver 3.28
    Added info:
    Tried Device Config again...only options are: ?otherdevice or ac97 Data FaxSoftModem or Standard modem. Motorola USB modem is not an option for me to choose. After choosing ?otherdevice then NEXT then check com, the only thing I get is COM3(AC97 Data FaxSoftModem with SmartCP)(Modem detected). If I choose ?otherdevice then ADD, Motorola USB modem comes up. I choose it, then it asks for a port, but there are no ports from which to choose, so I cannot proceed(NEXT button not being enabled).
    Still trying............

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  11. xpl0sive

xpl0sive Member

i have the exact same problem as you do, except i got a v400 and XP Professional...

12. Rip_it_Up

Rip_it_Up Member

Well, the more I read from this and other forums it seems the problem lies in the cable I'm using...I guess. Just seems to me that a data cable is a data cable, but what do I know.

Does little help trying to point drivers and communicate with a device that my computer can't see.

13. rvb2k6

rvb2k6 Member

plssssssssssssss
    i need the driver for motorola v190
    the site http://www.free.cz/motorola dosent work
    pls send give me the driverrrrr
    plsssssssssssss

thnxs

14. Rip_it_Up

Rip_it_Up Member

Guess I'll answer my own questions...
    Turns out it was the cable after all. Not all usb cables are created equally. Got cable at Radio Shack (yeah, I know, I HATE that store too!!) They wanted $40 for it and I talked them down to $22. They work on commission and prices are negotiable, if you didn't know that. Anyway, once I plugged this cable in, New hardware found wizard started and my v220 was recognized. Instead of using the included CD driver, I pointed it to the MPT driver and it worked. I was able to transfer pics from cell to PC no problem but,
    when I transferred MP3 from PC to cell, everything seemed fine until I tried to get my phone to use it as a ring tone. It says file is corrupt. Can anybody help me on this?

15. andersg

andersg Regular member

I know this may not fall into this catagory but I cannot find it anywheres else.

Is PST Phone Manager a free program. If so can anyone give me a link to it cause I cannt find it at all.

I was reading a guide on how to load games on motorola phone via data cable and it said I need this and I am not sure if it is free or how to get my hands on it.

16. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

nice guide, i like it :)

17. dragon067

dragon067 Member

uhhh that takes forever, just go here and download it --->http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6HHH2964

18. cJoe690

cJoe690 Guest

Can i get a link for motorola phone tools?
    or if anyone has it, u might beable to send it via AIM

19. andersg

andersg Regular member

Isn't that link above for MPT?

20. Rip_it_Up

Rip_it_Up Member

Well, I might have spoken too soon. I was able to transfer pics no problem for the first 2 days, but now my cell only stays connected to laptop for about 20 seconds(sometimes 5 secs, sometimes 2min.) then disconnects and it says "please wait" while my cell initiates...which it then NEVER DOES.
    I then re-setup (like connecting a new phone) to initialize, which it does. Everything seems OK for about 20 seconds again then disconnects and the cycle begins again.
    I have never seen a program out there that is this unstable and this much of a headache!

update: I live updated twice to the 3.3 then to the newer ver 4.04 (60+ mb took forever using wifi), and now eveything seems to be running ok...for now. I'm not all that confident though.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006