1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***** HOW TO INSTALL MOBILE PHONE TOOLS*****

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Gem20, Aug 26, 2005.

1. foody

foody Member

This is a first ever forum for me but my lad has a V220 and I needed to download the photos he'd taken so I thought I'd have a gander. I have read through this thread and have been able to successfully get the phone and the PC connected and talking to each other, therefore thanks are in order.
    Geedaddy - the first hit I found dating back to 2004, he rocks but couldn't help, sites out of date.
    Gem - coz she got me on the trail and she sounds kinda cute, hope the pregnancy works out ok, she really rocks.
    NSWolter - for the new link to replace free.cz, this got me sorted and is dead easy, it didn't work the first time so thanks goes out to jachomo on his tips for XP, I followed this and got straight on.
    Finally to Neen123 for being enthusiastic, I'd have given up otherwise.
    In conclusion, anyone with a V220 who wants to download photos etc READ THE THREAD, check the replacement for free.CZ that Gem first highlighted, forget the P2K download, it's included, it's very simple, if at first you don't succeed try jachomo's approach, and then try again.

2. Rip_it_Up

Rip_it_Up Member

Well I was right. MPT worked for me only that one day after I live updated and hasn't worked since. After I plug in the cell, It worked for about 5 seconds the first time and now it just says "please wait...initializing", "mobile not connected"
    Am I the only one? What am I missing?

3. foody

foody Member

Rip_it_up
    I seemed to get the same problem when I first got the MPT working, I kept getting a very annoying blocking noise and then the phone disconnected. I basically followed what Jachomo suggested, (see back in the thread), deleted the set-up and tried again, the only thing I did differently was when the wizard asked if I wanted to download any upgrades I declined. The set-up went through and I have had no problems to date. I figured that as the V220 is a slightly older phone the upgrades weren't required and that they would be for the Razr or other newer models. Sounds too stupid but it worked for me. Good luck.

4. Rip_it_Up

Rip_it_Up Member

I must really be losing it...I don't see Jachomo listing in this thread.

BTW, MPT has been working now for me for 5 Hrs. Of couse, I'm online via WIFI. Seems to always work when I'm online. Maybe that's the key. But wait, it's worked for me when I was offline for that one day. Just can't figure it...if I'm not losing it, I'm really about to!

5. charlie83

charlie83 Member

Hi, I have motorola v710 phone and my friend told me to set up the modem to v710m so that I can download my own ringtone., but when
    I start mobile tool, and clik the multimedia button, my phone
    gets disconnected and I can not transfer any song. Can you please
    help me with this problem. Thank you.

Charlie

6. rickricka

rickricka Member

PLEASE HELP:

I have a V330 with Windows ME, and I cannot get this to work. I have tried all of the drivers (P2K, P2K_driver_2.3, the ones that come with mpt323.exe, and the driver that came with the cable) about 3 times each. When I get to the part where it asks me to connect my phone to the computer so that it can detect it ('Please turn your phone on and connect it to the cable, then connect your cable to your PC'), it fails to find it. When I plug the cable into my computer, the light on my phone does turn on, and the progress bar slowly moves with 'Please wait. Your phone is being installed and set up.' on the top, but when it is done (after about 3 minutes) a window pops up saying 'mobile PhoneTools did not detect your phone.'.
    This has got to be a driver problem, but how do I fix it?
    Also, I cannot get the new device found wizard to come up again, even if I delete the usb device from the modems in Device Manager. I don't think that this is a problem though because I can just update the driver to something else anyways.
    It may also be a problem with Windows ME, because I know that it is a rare version.

Rick

7. SystemFx

SystemFx Member

Installing mobile tools
    i too had the message intalizing

what you have to do is .. if its installed and not workin
    first uninstall
    then .. reinstall
    ones its all done it asks to create a user name it whatever
    BEFORE YOU CONNECT THE PHONE you must on the phone buttons on the on screen phone go to menu ..
    Set up
    Live update
    install the live update
    then it will as you to install . do so
    after .. when it asks what method
    pick usb if desired plug in .. bingo bango it will find it
    then will need you to select the Gsm -V3(or model) .. and it will load and
    trasfer just fine

8. Samzxox

Samzxox Member

I'm having similar troube to rickricka.
    I've got a V220 and Windows XP and I've downloaded MPT using the link nswolter posted and just like rickricka, it says its finding it and then I either get the on-screen phone come up....
    [​IMG]
    When it is connected!
    Or I get the box saying 'mobile PhoneTools did not detect your phone.'

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and LiveUpdated and everything thats been said and its still not working.
    Any help is great! PM or reply is cool.

9. kdawg11

kdawg11 Member

I was able to access the P2k drivers from the first link, but the second link will not work and when I type it in without the '/motorola' it is all czech language. Is there anyone someone can send me all the necessary zip/rar files via aim? My sn is kdawg7007 and it's signed on essentially 24 hours a day. Thanks in advance.

Kade

10. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

Hey everybody,

Sorry i haven't been around for a while, but i have been really busy at work and college. I work in finance and the 'end-of-year' stuff has been a real pain.
    Also, my broadband has been down for a while again - i live on the edge of our broadband area, so every now and again it decides it doesn't want to play and it can take anything up to 2 weeks to allow reconnection. Very annoying as i can't even recieve my e-mails, never mind anything else.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand...

Unfortunately, i don't think that the http://www.free.cz/motorola/ is going to be avaliable in the near future so i have posted some updated instructions. I have posted them in a new thread called
    [bold**UPDATED*****HOW TO INSTALL MOBILE PHONE TOOLS*****UPDATED** [/bold]

Of course, i will keep experimenting and keep you all informed if i find any easier ways. The new instructions are actually quite a lot more straight forward than the first lot, as there isn't as many files to download and install.

Post any questions to the above thread and i will get back to you asap.

ALSO, I HAVE NOTICED THAT MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE POSTING THEIR E-MAIL ADDRESS' IN THIS THREAD...WELL, JUST A WARNING....
    IT QUITE CLEARLY STATES IN THE AFTERDAWN RULES NO E-MAILS ADDY'S ALLOWED
    THIS IS SUFFICIENT GROUNDS TO STOP YOU POSTING IN THREADS.
    SO, BE WARNED!!
    Don't put your e-mail address in a thread. You can, however, put them in a 'Personal Message', this also stops anyone and everyone
    e-mailing you potentially harmful files.

Enough of the lecture now!

Gemma

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  11. msuniga

msuniga Member

i just bought the mobile phone tools version 3.0..can some tell me what to do...i was reading and trying to follow the steps but i dont understand where its says to make a new folder and name it mobile phone..what goes in that folder and i cant find the website for the drivers..please help...