1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to install wad manager channel on wii?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii' started by 3pol, Jun 18, 2009.

1. 3pol

3pol Member

I followed the procedure here I'm stuck in step 5 and 6. Whenever I put my SD card on my wii, it turn out that the usb loader cannot be install as a channel and When I install the wad manager 1.4, it didn't install in the channels section so when the guide said that I should run the wad manager to instal the usb loader I could install it. Please help me....
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

I was going to say a whole bunch of stuff but I changed my mind.

Do you have Wad Manager in the homebrew channel?
  4. 3pol

3pol Member

I've install it after I install homebrew channel but can't seem to find the wad manager in homebrew channel. How will I know if I have wad manager on homebrew channel? Do I have to press a button?
  5. Fiilex

Fiilex Member

Dont use that manager. Use This one(click here to download). Create a new folder in your app folder and name it what you like, then take the newly downloaded (and unrared, im assuming) files and place them in that folder. Make sure the .dol file is named 'boot.dol', otherwise rename it. Then it should show up in your apps folder in the homebrew channel with no preview image, just load it, click 'A', select the WAD of the file you are trying to install [you place the WAD in a folder called WAD in the root (main part) of your SD card, if there isnt one then create it] then click '+' then 'A' and it should install, and then your good to go. Hope this helped.
  6. 3pol

3pol Member

I tried your file but it didn't work. Its just a blank screen. I put WAD folder and the apps folder containing the one that you gave me on the root of my sd card, the WAD folder contains wad installer 2.1.wad, usb loader gx forwarder.wad and tetris party.wad. I'm confuse about this guide. This one is larrylje's guide. Do you think this guide will install wad manager channel?
  7. Fiilex

Fiilex Member

Just another question: What firmware are you running? 3.4U?

EDIT: That guide you linked to seems very well in order. Follow that and you should be well on your way ;)
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  8. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

At least make sure you have wad manager in the homebrew channel first. People usually move to having a channel of Wad manager on their system menu after that. And if you are trying to install a forwarder like the first guide that you posted says, then you have to have a dol (like the homebrew channel accepts) for the forwarder to work because it just looks for the dol in a specific location and loads it.

Like mentioned before, make sure that there is a folder IN your apps folder, you can call it Wadmanager (or whatever you want)
    Inside that Wadmanager folder put the wadmanager file that you renamed to boot.dol

You should now be able to see it in the homebrew channel

Edit: Or yeah it seems that that guide gives you a free pass on having to place the files in their proper location since loadmii doesn't care where files are or what they are named.
  9. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

That's actually a good question. WadmanagerIOS16 will not work in 4.0 because IOS16 is patched in 4.0 unless the IOSes have been downgraded after upgrading to 4.0
    3pol also would have had to previously have installed IOS16
  10. Fiilex

Fiilex Member

Hence why I asked it.
  11. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

No hard feelings, just want to make sure that you realized it because I noticed that in another thread you advised someone who said that they were on 4.0 to use it.
  12. 3pol

3pol Member

Thanks for your help guys. I solved the problem. My bad.