1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install Xenium Ice?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by MultiCopr, Nov 11, 2004.

1. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

I just go this and I an REALY new to xbox mod chips and even taking apart my xbox, thats why I bought the solderless chip. Some reason it didnt come with any instructions on how to take apart the xbox and install the mod chip. Is there a website I can go to for instructions or can someone tell me plz?

2. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Ok well I got the xbox open and the drives taken out. It is a 1.6 and I am not sure what to do after I have everything apart....any help?

3. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

If it's a 1.6 the Xenium ICE solderless isn't really solderless ... you'll need to do some soldering at the bottom of the motherboard.

Check out the guides at www.teamxodus.com

4. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

MultiCopr: most sites (99.9% infact) do not include the instructions as they are available on the companies website.

Check the site you ordered from, as well as teamxodus :)

5. wookie356

wookie356 Guest

solderless is a no go with version 1.6. Trade with somebody that has an older model...v1.3-1.5 will be the best since they come with Samsung dvd drive. My friend made the same mistake (buying a v1.6 with a solderless Xenium Ice).

6. DrumPlaya

DrumPlaya Member

Jimmy42 i have a question for you. at the end of your post there is a link for www.xbox-modchips.com. i ordered 2 xenium ice chips from there and got the tracking number but it still says "There is no record of that item. If it was mailed recently, information may not yet be available. Please try again later." i was just wondering if this was a realiable site to go to for ordering mod chips?