1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to keep Xbox 360 from breaking down on you?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Zac2000, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Zac2000

Zac2000 Member

I hear 33% of Xbox 360's are breaking down, and I want to get mines chipped. If I do any warranty will be gone so what is going on with these machines? Is there anything I can do like put in heatsinks or fans?

2. Norcross

Norcross Regular member

Ok Basically the xbox 360 has a 1 year to 2 year life spand depending on how much you play it. if your a 6 hour or more a day i say 6 motnhs or less. Most are breaking down from the heat the more you play the hotter it gets cause the gpu to melt away from the mother board and you get the 3 rings. 2nd faq some of the first and 2nd nyko intercoller generation screwed up alot of xbox360's cuaseing power failures and much more. basically to keep it alive keep it cool as possible buy the 3rd generation intercool ps the black one has a male/metel power connector so it can take extreme heat conditions and give your xbox360 breaks after you have played it what i mean is whne your finished using it dnt just cut it off take it too your dashboard/menu of your mod chip and let it cool for 10-20 minutes then shut her down if you do all of this like i have you 360 should last long so far my second 360 has lasted almost 2 years and counting i see no signs of her dying.

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Microsoft just extended their warranty to 3 years. On return they are now actually 'Repairing' the console!

Look into it!