1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO LOAD ISO's ON 3.03 OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Shawon007, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Shawon007

Shawon007 Guest

a very quick set of instructions on how to play and load ISO Images.

Firstly, Boot up the PSP on the recovery mode. Then go to "configuration" and set the "game folder homebrew" to "1.50 Kernal"

Then enable "use no UMD" (That is if you do not have/want to use a UMD in the Drive.

Thirdly, Copy and paste your ISO image in a folder called "ISO" in the root of the Memory Stick.

2. ty12004

ty12004 Member

so when I load up my PSP I will have the first folders of PSP VIDEO MUSIC ISO etc etc...am I correct?

3. Static_

Static_ Regular member

correct.

4. DannyCra

DannyCra Member

Some of my isos dont load eg Star wars lethal alliance , would this be due to a bad rip????? the game loads but at the loading screen when it says do not open the disc drive it quits to xmb with an error message! all my other isos work fine any advice????

5. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

im guessing bad rip, happened to me sometimes when i dled rips

6. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

where do u guys get the ISO itself. is there some sort of site u can downlad it of. When u guys say torrent, what do u mean. and where do u get the torrent. Thanks

7. Quangsta

Quangsta Regular member

do u guys know where to get the Ratchet and clank ISO. What site?

8. bombproof

bombproof Member

9. bombproof

bombproof Member

I have a jap 1.50 which I have upgraded to 3.03oe-c and have a 2gb and 4gb Memory card, I have got lots of iso games but some seem to come up with 80020148 or show icon but go blank when you start the game.

Ive tried changing kernel from 1.50 to 3.03 and still there is no change, some may work on the 2gb but not the 4gb so they are not corrupt, it just seems very random whether some games work and im wondering if FW change is something to do with this as upgraded a friends from 2.01/2.71/1.50/3.03oe-c and he can play miami vice but i cant on my 2gb or 4gb which screen just goes blank and not loading...anyone got a cure for this???

10. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

I have yet to find a game that doesn't run on 3.03OEC.

If you have a problem make sure you have "no UMD" disabled and cpu speed set to 266 or higher, if it still doesn't work then the problem is either you or the ISO

11. bombproof

bombproof Member

well the problems doesnt lay with me as ive followed every instruction there is, im wondering whether to go back to 1.50 and load 3.03oe-c back on but Ive tried this before and still so scratching me head at the moment..lol

12. hack_man

hack_man Guest

my isos don't show up

13. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Your missing a VERY important point, very few games support "Use no UMD", those of you saying you ISO doesnt work, disable no umd and put a game in the drive. If it doesnt fire up then, thenyes its a bad ISO.

And setting kernel to 1.5 has no effect on ISO's, it is purley for homebrew apps

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  14. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

applause....couldn't have said it better

15. zramdeen

zramdeen Member

Thank you soooo much. U R MY HERO.

16. coolsumit

coolsumit Member

can i please get help regd how to boot up the psp in recovery mode bcauz i have 3.03OE-C and i have no clue as to what to do.

17. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

turnyour PSP completely off, and then turn it back on again holding the Right Rrigger.

and you should be set...

18. elyk1212

elyk1212 Member

Hey, I think there is another important point being missed here. There are errors in transmission from USB, at times. It would benefit you to do a md5sum on both the iso on the memory card, and the iso on your hard drive/storage-media/etc.

You can do this very easily in Linux/Unix variants with the md5sum command, and there are many windows counterparts that can be used for this purpose. Just Google "windows md5sum program" or something to this effect. (or use Knoppix, a portable Linux solution that does not need to be installed).

Anyhow, reason I am mentioning this: I have had the same issue on many games. So, naturally, I did what I do when ever I have a question of data integrity, I did md5sums of both images.

Low-and-behold: They were different!

Thus proving there was an error in transmission, or in I/O to the card from the PSP.

It May be a thought to consider....