1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to load Ps2 games from USB

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by SonGoku21, Jul 25, 2011.

1. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

Hey. Just a quick question. How do you boot up PS2 games from a usb flash drive? I have a Fat ps2 softmodded with FreeMcboot saved on the memory card, A 1gb Usb drive, a 2gb Usb drive, and a 4gb usb drive. I have Argon media player working on the ps2 so im not that bad at this stuff. but the main reason i did this was for the games, because right now i dont have a ps3. Do You have to have a usb hardrive? would a flash drive work?
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. grenskul

grenskul Member

Not all flash drives will work and your speed at loading times will be slightly slower but some work
    you need a program called open ps2 loader there are others but this one is the best
    and you will also need a program called usb util
    here is the link fro open ps2 loader : http://sksapps.com/opl/downloads/OpenPS2Loader_0.7.zip
    here is yhe link for USB_utill :http://sksapps.com/hd/USBUtil_v200_full_en.rar
    know put open ps2 loader aside we will use that latter

now open the .exe file in the package and then click file and now you have to chises if you want to make a backup from the drive you chose "Create [GAME/ISO]from CD/DVD"
    if you want to use an iso you backed up yourself(i do not support piracy)chose "Create game from ISO the rest is pretty easy you put the flash drive in the computer and under the one where it says to you chose the flash drive and then you chose the iso and name the game it may take a while

now you have the game in the flash drive put the flash drive in the ps2 open ps2 loader trough freemcboot and it's pretty straight forward chose usb from the OPSloader menu and you will see your game
  4. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

Thanks man. Another thing, though im not sure this goes here, In ps2, freemcboot installed, i have some videos i want to play with sms player. Now, animations work fine, but i have some higher resolution videos, like 720x1280, avi format, but it recognises it as a music file, not a video file, and only plays the sound. Any ideas?, by the way, these arent cartoons/ animation.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  5. grenskul

grenskul Member

i don't understand that much about sms but even if it recognized it wouldn't play because the ps2 cant handle such resolutions
    the max it can handle is 720x576 rescale them and see if they work
  6. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

Thanks, Yeah I changed the resolution to "TV Quality" in Free Make Video converter, and It works great, though could PS3 play higher res videos off a usb?
  7. grenskul

grenskul Member

not trough sms but i think the ps3 can play hd content
    i am not entirely sure has i do not own a ps3
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  8. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

Thanks, I don't own one yet, and am wondering if it is a good investment.
  9. grenskul

grenskul Member

well i would wait until someone cracks up dual boot so people can have both CFW and OFW a lot of people are trying on dual boot so in a few moths it will be probably viable so i would wait until then
  10. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

Whats a "Dual Boot." Sorry for showing my ignorance.
  11. grenskul

grenskul Member

dual boot is having 2 different ps3 firmware installed for example the latest to play online and 3.55 custom firmware to play backups and use homebrew
    that is what i am wating for before i buy one
  12. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

Oh, so its like installing 2 OS'S on one computer?
  13. grenskul

grenskul Member

exactly but it is not installed in the hdd the firmware is installed in a special memory look i won't go to details but it's basically like installing 2 OS'S on one computer like you said
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  14. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

Ok. Ill see if i could find out anything
  15. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

Hey you still here? Your method worked great for loading from usb, though i use both openps2loader, and usb advance. But back to the point. I was playing god of war, off of usb, and after the second check point, a cutscene came up with nude women, and at that time my mom walked in. And the world knows nudity and sex doesnt run good with the parents, so if theres a list or anything listing these type of scenes, I'd be truly greatfull. even though Im 16 turning 17 she still doesnt approve.
  16. grenskul

grenskul Member

i am sorry but i laugh my ass off

there is just Google god of war cut scenes and you will probably find them
  17. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

hey i need your help once again. Like i said before, the god of war iso was working, but now it sticks in the cutscene right after you save the oracle, on a picture of his wife and kid. I tried 2 iso's and the same thing. any ideas? how do you rebuild a game? and what is that for?
  18. grenskul

grenskul Member

i can't help you there you have t make a new thread cause i don't know how to help you probably a patch is needed make a new thread and someone like smokyrain
    will be able to help you because both my gow 1 and 2 aren't backed up my drive can't read dvd 9 and i didn't knew how to backup games when i bought the first so yea .And let this thread die because if you need something else you should make a new thread so more people can see it
  19. pacman999

pacman999 Member

hi there.
    is there a wayh of installing free mcboot and the usb loader without the need of a cheat/disk.
    and if so, is there a link to it.
    ive tried searching for the info, but i dont know excatly what to search for so its not much help.
    thanks
  20. SonGoku21

SonGoku21 Member

Theres a way with one single game thats almost guarnteed to work. you need to get james bond agent under fire if you dont have it. when you get it, ill be glad to help. hey guys, i need some help with something. it may not be ps2 related but, theres this girl i like and we know each other really good, and now shes come to think of me as a brother. how do i get out of the bro position and into the bf position?