1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to load SM3.3 from MC

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NeoLele, Apr 7, 2005.

1. NeoLele

NeoLele Member

I've been able to install MC exploit. I have the original discs for SM3.3, but I'd like to use MC exploit for booting 'cause I don't trust those cds/dvds boots so much. I heard of people damaging their laser kit for that and I could believe them, 'cause when I use them for booting I can hear laser moving fast forward and backward for some secs with bad sounds...
    I was wondering if it's possible to grab the elf files from the SM3.3 cd/dvd and put them on MC. I tried to put SM3.3 CD in pc cd-rom reader but it looks like it's the CRAZY_TAXI game (at least that's its label and files confirm it too). probably some kind of protection. in fact, I can see many strange tracks on their surface...
    I found some guides for doing that with SM3.0, but it's pretty different from 3.3.
    has anyone been able to do it?
    Many thanks

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

yeah u can , i have the elf on my usb flash pen and can boot it with launchelf , but its like 4mb so dont wast time putting it on ur memorycard (Space) . i ALSO find that cogswaploader works way better

3. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

yeah u can , i have the elf of sm dvd 3.3 (extract the slus file and rename it to blah.elf or w/e) on my usb flash pen and can boot it with launchelf , but its like 4mb so dont wast time putting it on ur memorycard (Space) . i ALSO find that cogswaploader works way better

4. NeoLele

NeoLele Member

ah. yeah... I noticed there's a sles file (I've got the european vertion) of 4mb... so, it's that... any way to reduce its dimension? for what it does, I don't think it needs all that space. I tried the cogswaploader too, but I'd like to do as less swap/ejects as possible. I have an external usb storage. could I use it like you do with your usb flash drive? does launchelf support browsing usb devices?

thanks again

5. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

it doesnt reduce the swaps ,its excactly the same cuz if u wanna play ps2 dvds u need to refresh the toc(press eject for dvd) anyways and lol launchelf support writing from usb to memorycard ( even within the directories) and vice versa . latest launchelf is 3.4.2 , almost all devices get recognised even like ngage and stuff , i keep my exploit as small as possible(only cogswap incase my pen isn'r around) and run everything from usb flash pen

6. NeoLele

NeoLele Member

yes, you'r right about dvds, but I have many cd backups and dvdrips (I prefer to make dvd backup on cds 'cause I like a quick boot and that's a way not to press eject many times) that boot directly without refreshing the toc when I boot with SM3.3 and so I can reduce by an eject :)
    I don't think cogswap can load a cd backup without switching psx game used for boot with an original ps2 game... I tried that and it doesn't work. it keeps thinking there's a psx game and when I press X it starts booting but freezes on a black screen. I could be wrong... maybe there's some trick for that too ;)

7. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

u are wrong , if cogswap loads , u can run every cd based game IF its under the TOC size of the ps1 disc wich is already in the ps2 , so load cogswap> swap with ps2 cd backup , press x and play. so if u run sm dvd elf u still need a bigger ps1 game ,. so i suggest using a bigger ps1 game for the exploit . i use tony hawk 3 : 680 mb... , i never play rips...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2005
  8. NeoLele

NeoLele Member

Ok, I'll try that. I'm using Bust-a-move 4 and it's not so big.

thank you very much for your help!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005