1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Lose Widescreen Bars On Playback ??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Phil333, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Phil333

Phil333 Guest

How do I lose the widescreen black bars burning DVDs with Nero Vision?

Say for instance my movie file has the black bars, can I lose them during the transcoding/burning period? So that when I play on a widescreen TV it's full screen.

If not, so as to not make them worse, do I burn in 16:9 or 4:3?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2007
  2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you can'd do anything about the black bars in the movie, what you might do is to make sure that your movie files are in full screen before you get them.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

is the file an avi? crop it in virtualdubmod...

then nero vision it

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Most HD tvs will let you stretch the picture to get rid of black bars but the result is not very pleasing to the eyes. I strive to get the widescreen versions instead of full screen because eventually there won't be any square tvs made.

5. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Certain software like TheFilmMachine will force the 4:3 aspect ratio. However, you will hate it, I promise you. The encode is terrible and the video is so bunched and you cut out a lot of the movie.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

i love TFM the filmmachine have done for couple years...

7. Mozilfox

Mozilfox Member

I wish the movie studios would all embrace using 1.85 to 1 widescreen aspect ratio intead of 2.40 to 1 on standard DVD's. That would eliminate the bars and the need to zoom and stretch the picure on the HD widescreen sets. That said, I have no clue as to how it would be possible to eliminate the black bars using Nero Vision. If there is a program that can achieve this without degrading the quality of the finished product I would certainly be interested in it.

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I just wish they would standardize on I widescreen ratio !!! It seems Every WS dvd I get has a different aspect ratio ? and letter-box editions are even worse what's the use of having 32' or more of screen real estate and only being able to use say 14-20 inches of it ?

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I agree BIGT- That's why at the stores, they will only show you their input which fills those big screens and not what you'll actually get when you connect that cable or DVD player. The looks I got from salesmen when I asked to see a different feed. Duh! I think they think we're stupid. Hell in my case they may be right. LMAO In BR, cox cable only offers maybe 12 HD channels and non hd channels look worse than standard TV had. Thankfully the football games are in HD widescreen because that's the only reason I got a bigger TV. Are we gonna get revenge on Nick Satan this weekend??? Go Tigers Dahhh Dah-Dahhh Dah, HHrrump!