1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make 100% perfect quality Audio cd copies?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by hifiguy, Nov 2, 2002.

1. hifiguy

hifiguy Guest

PLEASE HELP!

2. Dark007

Dark007 Guest

I have made many perfect copies using Nero Burning ROM. Works everytime for me.

3. cd-senior

cd-senior Guest

I agree with using Nero, also burning about half the maximum speed of your drive using good quality disks is working out for me.

Ron

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Dark007, cd-senior.

Please do not talk bullshit.

Nero has absolutely only basic burst mode audio reading features. It doesn't deliver 100% copies.

You can start by reading this: http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/eac_and_lame_setup_guide.cfm . Now that is for MP3s, but you can use EAC for copying discs too.

5. Dark007

Dark007 Guest

It doesn't deliver 100% perfect copies, but I never get CDs so bad or mildly bad that I have ever been bothered by it. Dont be soooo critical. I guess I didn't mean perfect, but good enough that I have been pleased with the copies.

6. cd-senior

cd-senior Guest

I agree about being critical, I have found Nero to be superior to EZ Creator.

I was just trying to say that recording at a slower speed than the maximum speed of your burner will usualy produce a better quality disk.

Sorry if I stated it wrong, was only trying to help, and state what works for me.

Ron

7. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Sorry about the "b.s." in my previous post. This is just one of those topics that have been explained over and over in the past few years..

Anyway, the subject of this thread refers to "100% quality", so in this case Nero is not a valid solution. The issue here is that thousands of people read these posts and now there is a bunch of people thinking "Nero delivers 100% quality" out there.

Nero, like most other softwares too, is a burst mode ripper. It relies on the error detection of the CD-R(OM) drive and only halts if there are un-recoverable errors - meaning errors that the drive can't handle. But a lot of errors slip through the drive - they may not all be audible though.

So if the disc is clean, a high quality burn or a pressed CD and you CD-R(OM) is decent then Nero should deliver ok results. But in most cases, this is not true.

So then we need Exact Audio Copy which double checks every read made and tries to recover read errors as well as possible. With EAC you can also configure your offsets in order to get 1:1 identical copies.

8. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

I'll have to check out that EAC program.

I understand the need to slow down the burning process to get better quality.

In the meantime, will ripping in Nero at a slower speed yield any "improvements" in audio reproduction?

9. hifiguy

hifiguy Guest

hey cd-rw,

u mean I nead to extract the tracks to WAV and then burn them using Nero, in order to get perfect copies of the cd?

thx.

10. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

EAC can rip the whole disc to an image file and you can burn it with many different softwares - including Nero. EAC also has it's own burning features.

You may find this interesting: http://www.ping.be/satcp/tutorials.htm (it's based on a older EAC version, but still quite valid)