1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make a avi file from winrar file?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Che_lives, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Che_lives

Che_lives Member

How do you make a avi file out of an winrar file ? Can anyone help me out ? I do have winavivideo, nero, and a bunch of winrar files............. thanks Dee

2. onya

onya Guest

If you have a single or bunch of rar files, your going to need Winrar to un-pack them. The file or files you have, have been compressed to reduce size. Winrar has a free trial offer.

Howd you go?

3. Che_lives

Che_lives Member

I have to make a seperate folder on the desktop for the uncompressed files ?
    winrar does it automaticly ?
    thanks Dee

4. onya

onya Guest

To answer your first question, it's a matter of preference where you download or unpack files to. You really don't have to have them all on your desktop, choose a suitable folder to unpack them to and YES to your second question. Winrar will automatically unpack to a folder you choose, and it unpacks ALL rar files at the same time so there's no need to unpack each and every file in that d/load. Follow the Winrar "Wizard" and all will be well.

Cheers.