1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to make a d vd from just the main movie vob files?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pumpanani, Mar 2, 2005.

1. pumpanani

pumpanani Member

Hi all

Ok here is my problem. I have monsters inc on dvd. My friends wants a copy so i started ripping off the files with dvd decrypter but then i struck a problem! The dvd has a mark on it and all the files wont copy!

I managed to rip the main movie vobs but now i am missing the bup files and ifo files etc.

How do i take these vobs and then re-make ifo's etc so that it will burn and play just the main movie?

Thanks in advance

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Sometimes Nero can handle .vobs directly (but not all the times): At Nero StartSmart, click 'dvd', then 'make your own dvd video', then 'add video files', then paste the .vobs, click 'next' and follow the lead from there.
    If it doesn't work, try convert the .vobs into mpegs or other formats with programs like ImToo DVD Ripper, then use Nero to burn.
    Good luck!

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Just use DVD ShrinK!!! Just click on Re-Author right from the start "Dont use open files or open disk" Just click re-author and browse to where those files are on your hard disk. Then you can just drag the main movie over to the left window. There is a guide at my web site showing you how to do this if you want to check it out just use the first guide there and skip to step 11 seeing how you already have the main movie on your hard drive. The link is in my signature

4. pumpanani

pumpanani Member

Cool thanks it worked a treat! Love the guides on your site as well man!

cheers

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

pumpanani, The only backup copies you should be making are for yourself. Handing out copies to SEVERAL friends would suggest piracy as you were told in your other thread. It is also against forum rules to double post the same question. I think you should READ the rules. Just a friendly suggestion before a MOD comes down on you.

Jerry