1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make a disc out of a zip file, hd advance

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cindyh, Nov 26, 2007.

1. cindyh

cindyh Member

Hi guys,,
    I copied my hd advance into a zip when i got it because i knew my son would scratch it up someday, well he did and i finally found the zip, I have all the slysoft products, but i don't know what to use, and how to make a correct disc, i dont know what format it was in. I thought it would be a lot better to ask those who know here than waste a lot of time.. thanks in advance :)

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I didn't realize one could back up HD Advance as its a pressed disk.
    How exactly did you make a backup of Hd Advance?
    If you have a modchip or use Swap Magic, you could just get hdloader from here and use it.

3. cindyh

cindyh Member

I used a program that zipped it to the hdd on my computer, i dont remember what it was, i took it off the computer and put it on a dvdr and managed to find it..I do not have swap magic or a mod chip.. I just use the hdd w hd advance

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Well like I said, I have never heard that one can back up a pressed disk.
    But even if you extracted the zip file to a folder, used Nero to burn by making a UDF/ISO DVD, and copy all files to compilation, it probably wouldnt work and you also wouldn't be able to use it as you have no modchip or swap magic.
    Your best bet is to buy another HD Advance disk or alternative to mod your PS2.

5. cindyh

cindyh Member

since i have all the games on the hard drive i will have to buy another, i just dont know the best place to order from.. if you know somewhere please let me know.. thanks