1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO MAKE A MANUAL HANDLE FOR YOUR DISK DRIVE

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by tripplite, Apr 9, 2007.

1. tripplite

tripplite Guest

hey people, i have done quite a bite of google searching and I am still empty handed, i got this realy nice dvd +dual layer drive and the computer has drivers for it, it powers up, the light go on it seems to work however the drive won't open any more electonicly, any one got any idea's, links, or something realy easy i missed out on?

2. onya

onya Guest

Just to be sure, double click on the "My Computer" icon, and right click on the offending drive and select Eject, did this do the trick?

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

..and try the paper clip trick...

4. onya

onya Guest

Hi Creaky, I should have mentioned that one at least....especially since that I've got kids who tend not to notice how many discs they put in their drives :p Thankfully we no longer get "the jam on toast" in the VCR...lol

5. tripplite

tripplite Guest

ya, umm, well it doesn't want to open in any form electronicly, but the paper clip trick does work, so I tryed to wrap a thin peice of metal around the rubberband that the paperclip hits and it would break the rubber band after a week so what i realy need to know is how to make a manual handle for the drive, should i try and completly take out the gears??

6. tripplite

tripplite Guest

RE: ya, umm, well it doesn't want to open in any form electronicly, but the paper clip trick does work, so I tryed to wrap a thin peice of metal around the rubberband that the paperclip hits and it would break the rubber band after a week so what i realy need to know is how to make a manual handle for the drive, should i try and completly take out the gears??
    So basicly i need a system that will allow me to open and close my drive manualy without having to restart it, any idea's?, is there a website i can go to that has pro's on this subject???

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

so the button on the front doesn't do it anymore, either?

8. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I wouldn't go through the aggravation, with the low prices that good burners go for, now. I would dump that pup in a heartbeat and put in a new burner.

9. tripplite

tripplite Guest

_
    GrandpaBW- you were right.... i took out the gears and would open and close by gand..... however when it burns the tray moves so it mess up o'well thanks for trying to help anyway people