1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to make .bin and .cue file for psx

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Spyder22, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

any one know how to make the .bin and .cue file for psx emulator from an original ps1 game disc? thanks

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Emulator - PCSXBox.

Things you need:
    CDRWin
    scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin to put in the "PCSXBox" bios folder. Put one of these bios in the "bios" folder right away to get it to read the majority of Playstation images.

Emulator - PCSXBox.

As you'll notice is that "PCSXBox" emulator can be one of the hardest emulators to understand.

Things you need:
    CDRWin
    adaptec Aspi layer installed- If your using windows 2000 or XP
    scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin to put in the "PCSXBox" bios folder. Put one of these bios in the "bios" folder right away to get it to read the majority of Playstation images.

NOTE:Some "PCSXBOX" emulators requires either of the bios file.
    Scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin
    So which ever one the emulator your using requires. Use it.

First You'll have to extract the playstation game into an image using CDRWin.

Getting it to work: You have to create BIN/CUE's of your PSX games and either copy them to your HArddrive or burn them to DVDR's/CD-RW's. Your ".BIN and .CUE" files should have the same names:

For Example:

GAMENAME.BIN
    GAMENAME.CUE

is a valid combination and

GAMENAME01.BIN
    GAMENAME.CUE

is not.

Getting Started Instructions:
    CDRWIN=

1. Open CDRWin, and click the top-centre icon on the main screen
    2. Click in the "Image Filename" box, and type in the location and filename of the bin/cue files you wish to create. Make sure the RAW option is checked, then click START.
    This will now create the bin/cue files for use with PCSXbox.
    3. After it finishes creating the .cue & .bin files, open up the .cue file with notepad
    and check and see if it need to be edited. Sometimes, the filename includes the drive, in this case "D:\". Remove this part of the path/filename...

Example:
    FILE "D:\CASTLEVANIA.BIN" BINARY
    Wrong

FILE "CASTLEVAIA.BIN" BINARY
    Correct

4. Click "File" then "Save" to save the changes.
    These two files can now be FTPd to the Xbox.
    This tutorial is very basic, but should be enough to help get PCSXbox running with your ISOs.

3. waddup

waddup Member

What version does CDRWin need to be?

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

i think I used 3.9 or 4.0

5. kb779

kb779 Member

if i put pcsxbox on my xbox can i play psx games from the original game discs or do i need to make a rom and put it on my hard drive?

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

rip it and make the bin and cue images files.

7. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

if i only have the .cue file, will it still work?

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

you need both the bin and cue...the bin is the data and the cue is kind of a basic table of contents telling your app how to use the data.

9. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

yea i tried it last nite and found out, dam

10. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

I cant figgure out whats rong, i made the .bin/.cue files and everything seems to be in order but anytime i try loading the game on my xbox it refuses to work, it keeps getting stuck on the loading screen, what do i do. (ive checked the .cue files on notepad and the file thing on the first line is correct)

11. punqewe

punqewe Active member

could be a compatability issue with the game and the emulator....if you goto xbox-scene.com in their forums they have a list of games that work/don't work,and have issues with the emulator. Maybe check that out,it might be the problem.

12. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

nope, that cant be it, it says that the 2nd and 3rd spyro work with nearly no prob but i cant get em to work, ive tried using the iso file, and the .bin/.cue, but still no dice

13. ds_dude

ds_dude Member

how do you make the .bin file if you have downloaded the file from a web site under .rar (i have used winrar to un rar it )file and could your please send me in the right direction for a guide or write what i need to do this is driving me nuts

14. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

nice to see my guide ripped off and reposted...

ok..

here we go..

forget all the above crap because it was an early attempt.. I got this down sweet (ask Andre)

alcohol120% (cracked or whatever)

ps1 disk... clone copy.. don't skip bad sectors.. dump .sub data to seperate file

save as .img format.. rebuild .sub? yes...

then load that and magically it works.. astounding!!!

some games don't work.. ff8 never worked.. the overlays never loaded for the fighting so game over...

play ps1 games on your pc.. the emulators have been updated in the last 6 years

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  15. ds_dude

ds_dude Member

so let me get this right down load alcohol120% then follow what you have said then it sould work ... if i have done it right that is ?

16. ds_dude

ds_dude Member

it dont matter now i have figured out what was wrong the .bin file was a .bin.ecm fil , it didnt show it was a .bin.ecm file just a .bin

17. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

hehehe.. see.. theres always a daft reason.. .img works best.. there are a couple of methods but the alcohol120% is the easiest

some games will need the correct region bios as well.. but the place I posted all that info 5 years ago (list of games and settings for 4 different emulators) is long gone now.

Personally I use DD and rip a bit by bit image these days.. personal preference but the disks need to be immaculate as it rips all the whitespace as well. Even a clone copy isn't an exact 1:1 copy .. whereas mine now are.. because a couple of very late (creatures raised in space is one.. one of the harry potters another) games actually included a data size check in the media check... and whitespace is counted. (you can hex edit the media check if you are crafty .. it's at 100x129988-20-24 .. change 0010 1100 to 0010 1111 (giggles) returns an OK even if failed.. from my notes made at the time anyway.. might be region dependent)